Introducing the latest Wilson Combat rifle caliber, the 300 AAC BLACKOUT (300BLK). This new caliber was developed to reliably launch 30 caliber projectiles from the AR platform without a reduction in magazine capacity and to remain 100% compatible with the standard bolt. The 300 AAC BLACKOUT is optimized for sound suppressor use with supersonic or subsonic ammunition.
Full power factory 300 AAC BLACKOUT 123 grain ammunition easily matches the ballistics of the 7.62x39mm, has 37% more energy than 5.56mm M855, and 9% more than 6.8 SPC TAP 110. From an SBR barrel, the 300BLK has more muzzle energy than 5.56mm M855 from a 16 inch barrel.
When 300 AAC BLACKOUT is used in a 16 inch barrel, it has 23% more energy than 5.56mm M855 from a 16 inch barrel – with much higher-mass projectiles for a more dramatic effect on the target. Subsonic loadings are optimal for use with a sound suppressor that vastly outperforms a typical 9mm carbine in penetration and long range accuracy.
Due to the high efficiency of the cartridge, less powder is used than 5.56mm, which results in a rifle that is a comfortable to shoot – even with a short barrel. Reloading dies available from Forster products. Loaded ammunition is available from Remington.
• Create a reliable compact 30-cal solution for the AR platform
• Utilize existing inventory magazines while retaining their full capacity
• Create the optimal platform for sound and flash suppressed fire
• Create compatible supersonic ammo that matches 7.62×39 ballistics
• Provide the ability to penetrate barriers with high-mass projectiles
• Provide all capabilities in a lightweight, durable, low recoiling package
Ideal for hunting, tactical or SBR use, the 300 AAC Blackout is destined to be the ideal choice for suppressed AR use. Wilsoncombat.com.
Introducing the latest Wilson Combat rifle caliber, the 300 AAC BLACKOUT (300BLK). This new caliber…
by Tactical-Life.com / Jan 31, 2011