This Wilson Combat innovation solves the issue of recoil spring fatigue in compact 1911 handguns and will greatly enhance overall compact pistol reliability.
Compact size 1911’s are noted for being extra hard on recoil springs and as your stock recoil spring takes a set and tension is reduced, the magazine spring will struggle to keep up or a last round feed malfunction can occur.
The new Wilson Combat Bullet Proof® Compact Spring Kit includes a hardened stainless steel full-length recoil guide rod, hardened stainless steel reverse spring plug and a chrome silicon 22 pound flat wire spring that will last many times longer than conventional compact recoil springs. The flat wire spring has a longer free length with more coils and resists tension loss much better than conventional round wire springs. The guide rod head is clearanced for compact barrel lugs and link.
The Bullet Proof® Compact Spring Kit has been extensively endurance tested and is a drop in-part with no fitting required. The .250” diameter rod can be re-installed at home or in the field easily without tools or using a takedown pin or bent paperclip.
- Improves Cycling and Overall Operation
- Improved Recoil Spring Life
- Hardened Stainless Steel Full-Length Guide Rod Machined from Barstock
- .250″ Rod Diameter
- Guide Rod Head is Clearanced for Compact Barrel Lugs and Link
- Hardened Stainless Steel Reverse Spring Plug
- 22# Chrome Silicon Flat-Wire Recoil Spring
- Longer Free Length with More Coils
- Resists Tension Loss Much Better than Conventional Round Wire Springs
This Wilson Combat innovation solves the issue of recoil spring fatigue in compact 1911…
by Tactical-Life / Oct 16, 2012