When a round is fired through a sound suppressor, the gases escaping from the muzzle are stifled inside the suppressor and a series of baffle chambers. “Cans” designed specifically for ARs offer a number of different benefits, from a reduction in noise signature and less muzzle flash to less felt recoil, as well as an increase in bullet velocity.
Check out the gallery above for some high-quality suppressors that will help maximize your performance in any situation.
- RELATED STORY: Testing the 6 Most Advanced Sound Suppressors with the ASA
- RELATED STORY: 17 of the Best New Sound Suppressors Ready For 2015
- RELATED STORY: Doctor: Noise-Induced Hearing Loss a Serious Concern For Shooters
For more information on the suppressors listed above, please visit the following websites or call the corresponding phone numbers:
- Advanced Armament Corp. SR5: advanced-armament.com; 770-925-9988
- Dead Air Armament 7.62 Sandman-L: deadairsilencers.com; 877-892-7544
- Delta P Design Brevis II: deltapdesign.com; 503-487-0007
- Desert Tech DTSS: deserttech.com; 801-975-7272
- GemTech Dagger: gemtech.com; 208-939-7222
- Sig Sauer SRD556-QD: sigsauer.com; 866-345-6744
- SureFire SOCOM556-RC Fast-Attach: surefire.com; 800-828-8809
- Thunder Beast 223P-2: thunderbeastarms.com; 307-287-2052
- Wilson Combat Whisper: wilsoncombat.com; 800-955-4856
- Yankee Hill Machine Wraith XL: yhm.net; 877-892-6533