The AK series of rifles have been in circulation now for nearly three quarters of a century. Evolving from the AK-47 to the AKM to the AK-74 to the modern variants of today, the series has changed with the times for modern tastes and current needs.
However, there is always room for enhancement, and accessories and parts can help improve on the Kalashnikov design (or simply add to its charm).
- RELATED: Master Your AK with SureFire Institute’s Modern Day Training
- RELATED: AK Upgrades: 14 Top Optics, Sights & Lasers
From historical collectibles that celebrate the design to the most modern of enhancements, there are numerous products out there for the discerning AK enthusiast.
Read on to see some of the best options out there today.
For more information on the products mentioned above, please visit the following websites:
- American Gunsmithing Institute DVDs: (americangunsmith.com; 800-797-0867)
- GunTec USA AK Charging Handle Extension: (guntecusa.com; 480-478-4517)
- Hungarian Parts Kit From Atlantic Firearms: (atlanticfirearms.com; 410-352-5183)
- Atlantic Firearms AK-74 Compensator:(atlanticfirearms.com; 410-352-5183)
- Echo 93 V1 Sling Adapter: (echo93.com)
- GunArt Soviet Weapon Prints: (gunart.net)
- GunTec AK Recoil Buffer: (guntecusa.com; 480-478-4517)
- Hornady 7.62×39 Steel Case: (hornady.com; 800-338-3220)
- Manticore Eclipse Flash Suppressor: (manticorearms.com; 630-715-0334)
- Strike Industries AK Strike Lock: (strikeindustries.com)
- SURPLUS 7.62x39mm Spam Can: (surplusammo.com; 253-691-6636)
- Tac-Con Raptor Trigger: (tacconusa.com; 623-282-1881)