Hill People Gear stays concentrates on making gear that has a purpose in the field.
The Recon Kit Bag takes the company’s thin Runner’s profile and adds a PALS grid on the front. This gives users the option of running low profile (size wise if not social wise) or adding their own PALS compatible pouches on the front.
- RELATED STORY: 6 New Pieces of Tactical Gear For Spring 2016
It is really nice with a Blue Force Gear triple 5.56 ten speed pouch on the front. It makes for a good weapon support platform for training classes (mags on front, BUG in the pistol compartment) or a mini-chest rig over a slick plate carrier for patrol.
With its 500D construction, the Recon Kit Bag features a total of eight channels and a three-row PALS grid.
The main feature on Hill People Gear’s bag is the quick access concealed pistol compartment.
The bag is straps on the user with a comfortable mesh backed H-harness, which allows the user to wear the Recon Kit Bag by itself or underneath of a pack. There are elastic keepers for the H-harness straps.
Other features include:
- Velcro loop and dummy cord loop in pistol compartment allow for various retention options
- Tabs with grimlocs at the top for hanging on another pack, or for use with Lifter Straps (optional) for docking to a host pack
- Tabs on the bottom for attaching to another pack, or for use with the Stabilizer Kit (optional) for running with
- Front zippered access flat pocket with two interior slot pockets with dummy cord loops above them
- Pro-tip: one of Hill People Gear’s GI 1-quart bottle holsters mounted on the front of a Recon makes a dandy quick access binocular carrier
The Recon Kit Bag retails for $95 and is available now in ranger green, coyote brown, foliage grey, green, and multicam (for an extra $10).
For more information on the Recon Bag Kit and other products from Hill People Gear, please visit HillPeopleGear.com.
Jerry Miculek recently took his marksmanship skills and put them to the test against...
by Tactical-Life / Apr 27, 2016