Earlier this year at SHOT Show, Magpul unveiled its Pro 700 rifle chassis. Now the Texas and Wyoming-based company has announced that the Pro 700 is finally being released in limited quantities and configurations, with full production of the black model kicking off this week.
Four years in the making, the Magpul Pro 700 is a rifle chassis built for short action Remington 700 actions and other Remington 700 footprint actions. In addition, this thing is based on a full billet aluminum skeleton and is clad in polymer. It can also fit right and left-handed actions by simply swapping the bolt-cutout plate. Furthermore, it has a reversible cheek riser and reversible hinge on the folding version. In other words, it’s completely ambidextrous.
MSRP on the Magpul Pro 700 is $999.95. Right now only the black is available, but flat dark earth and olive drab green versions are coming soon.See a rundown of the features for the Magpul Pro 700 chassis below, along with a video announcing its availability.
For more, visit magpul.com.
Magpul Pro 700 Features
- Type III hard anodized 6061-T6 billet aluminum V-bedding block, body, adjustment knobs and forend with high strength injection molded polymer body covers optimally placed for comfort and aesthetics
- Ambidextrous bedding block can be changed by swapping the QD sling swivel plate and bolt retainer insert for left or right hand actions using a 1/8” hex wrench
- Folding stock with push-button activated durable cast 4140 steel hinge with Melonite finish is reversible for left or right folding capability with the use of a 5/32” hex wrench. A fixed stock adapter is available for a non-folding stock solution
- Folding stock is also designed to avoid interference with the bolt handle when folded and is compatible with a large variety of aftermarket bolt knobs and handles
- An NVD clip on mounting rail solution is available
- Overall LOP adjustment range is 13.25” – 15.125”
- Butt pad height can be adjusted up 1.33” and down .90” and is adjustable left or right for a total of 5 degrees
- Comb height adjustment has a 1” range with a secondary locking knob to eliminate movement in the cheek riser
- Cheek riser features a 3-position fore/aft adjustment of +.375”, 0” and -.375” which can also be changed for left or right side usage using only a common hex wrench
- Injection molded polymer grip with 5 degree forward edge sweep and enlarged palm swell with 7 degree aft edge sweep for enhanced user comfort combined with a .75” fore/aft adjustment range using a common hex wrench
- Additional grip option included with a more aggressive sweep and enlarged palm swell for the shooter that is more inclined to a less vertical grip interface (8 degree forward / 20 degree aft edge sweep)
- Durable cast steel rotation limited QD sling swivel mounts with Melonite finish fits up to 1.5” push button swivels
- M-LOK slots for accessory mounting on the forend (left-6/right-6/bottom-7) and the stock (bottom-2)
- Integrated AICS pattern magazine well of reinforced polymer construction optimized for PMAG 5 & PMAG 10 7.62 AC magazines as well as most other AICS pattern short action magazines
- Large trigger guard allows for use with gloves and accepts most factory and aftermarket curved or flat triggers
- Low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance
With a unique classification system, innovative technology and a hefty payout, the NALRSA brings...
by Tactical-Life / Aug 3, 2018