With less than a week to go before SHOT Show 2018, Magpul has officially unveiled its Pro 700 Rifle Chassis.
Touted as a full featured precision rifle chassis for short action Remington 700 actions and other Remington 700 footprint actions, the Magpul Pro 700 is based on a full Type III hard anodized machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum skeleton that features injection molded Magpul polymer. It’s also ambidextrous, being capable of fitting right and left-handed actions by swapping out the bolt-cutout plate, and boasting a reversible cheek riser and hinge on the folding version.
In the Facebook post announcing the the Pro 700, Magpul said that at the start of its bolt-action program and the earliest days of precision rifle training, the goal was to build the “best possible ‘no limits’ rifle chassis in the world.” After years of development and testing, Magpul is confident that day is finally here.
Available in black, FDE and olive drab green, the Magpul Pro 700 rifle chassis will be offered at a MSRP of $999.95. See below for a full list of features via the product page.
For more information, visit magpul.com.
Magpul Pro 700 Features
- Type III hard anodized machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum V-bedding block, body, adjustment knobs and forend with high strength injection molded polymer body covers
- Ambidextrous bedding block can be changed by swapping the QD sling swivel plate and bolt cut out plate for left or right hand actions using a 1/8” hex wrench
- Folding stock with push-button activated durable steel hinge with Melonite finish is reversible for left or right folding capability with the use of a 5/32” hex wrench. A fixed stock adapter is available for a non-folding stock solution
- Folding stock is also designed to capture the bolt handle when folded and is compatible with a large variety of aftermarket bolt knobs and handles
- Optional inline mount for clip-on night vision and thermal imaging devices
- Overall LOP adjustment range is 13.25” – 15.125”
- Butt pad height can be adjusted up 1.33” and down .90” and is adjustable left or right 5 degrees
- Comb height adjustment has a 1” range with a secondary locking knob to eliminate movement in the cheek riser
- Cheek riser features a 3-position fore/aft adjustment of +.375”, 0” and -.375” which can also be changed for left or right side usage
- Injection molded polymer grip with 5 degree forward edge sweep and enlarged palm swell with 7 degree aft edge sweep, with a .75” fore/aft trigger reach adjustment
- Additional grip option included with a more aggressive forward sweep (8 degree forward / 20 degree aft edge sweep)
- Durable steel rotation limited QD sling swivel mounts with Melonite finish fits up to 1.5” push button swivels
- M-LOK slots for accessory mounting on the forend (left-6/right-6/bottom-7) and the stock (bottom-2)
- Integrated AICS pattern magazine well optimized for PMAG 5 & PMAG 10 7.62 AC magazines as well as most other AICS pattern short action magazines
- Large trigger guard allows for use with gloves and accepts most factory and aftermarket curved or flat triggers
- Low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance
- Ambidextrous thumb shelf for firing hand thumb placement
Remington's new Model 700 PCR features a Teflon-coated anodized aluminum chassis and boasts a 3-shot...
by Tactical-Life / Jan 16, 2018