New for 2018 is the Magpul Suppressor Cover.
Designed to stand up to extreme temperatures caused by semi- and full-auto fire, the Magpul Suppressor Cover is constructed of heat-resistant polymer sleeve overlaid onto a raised stainless steel heat shield that mounts on to the suppressor body via steel clamps. According to the listing on Magpul’s website, it “minimizes heat transfer to keep external cover temperatures up to 1000 degrees F cooler than the surface of the suppressor and allows cooling airflow across the can.”
Meanwhile, the suppressor cover also acts as a thermal insulator and signature reduction device, Magpul says. This mitigates mirage distortions to your sight picture, decreases the likelihood of impact damage to the body of the suppressor, and reduces the chance of heat-related injury or damage to you or your gear during firing and cool down.
The Magpul Suppressor Cover is designed for suppressors with a 1.5-inch outer diameter, and with a body length of around 5.5 inches, such as the SureFire SOCOM556-RC2. Magpul says other lengths are in the pipeline.
Available in black and medium coyote tan, the MSRP is $99.95. See the features below, along with a video.
Magpul Suppressor Cover Features
- Extreme temperature protection that mitigates internal suppressor temperatures to safe levels
- Minimizes retained heat, allowing faster cooling than any other suppressor cover technology
- Reduces thermal signature of host firearm
- Mitigates mirage effects in sight picture
- Two stainless steel clamps provide a strong, rigid and reliable interface capable of sustained firing sessions and rough handling
- High temp polymer sleeve withstands brutal suppressor temperatures during extended periods of firing without deterioration
- High strength corrosion resistant stainless steel heat shield
For more, go to magpul.com.
Honest talk from Army Ranger and Benghazi warrior Kris 'Tanto' Paronto on Gold Star...
by Kris Paronto / Jan 29, 2018