Communication on the battlefield, in a tactical scenario, often separates victory and defeat. American soldiers and law enforcement need high-tech gear to excel at command and control. Now the Safariland Liberator headset answers that call.
Safariland Liberator Tactical Headset
The Safariland Liberator adapts to mission-specific needs. it reduces hazardous noise but still allows for active single-channel or dual-channel communication.
“The new Liberator IV and V mark the pinnacle of Safariland’s comms development,” stated James Imhoff, VP & GM of Diversified Products at Safariland. “The Liberator IV is an advanced, single-channel headset system utilizing the newly designed TCI multi-mode Earcup. For those who need dual-channel functionality, we’ve updated the Liberator V. Law enforcement and military users alike can confidently utilize these robust products in any tactical situation. The Liberators provide the ultimate protection while enabling clear communication—both of which are crucial for maximal situational awareness.”
The Liberator IV comprises the first multi-mode, dual fuel single communications headset on the market, according to Safariland. It allows the Liberator IV to run on two AAA or one CR123 battery. The headset offers operational modes for all high noise situations. It also protects against impulse noise, including gunfire. You can even operate a helicopter. Retail prices on the Liberator IV range $647 to $857.
The Liberator V brings updated dual-channel communications to the platform. The system gives military and law enforcement end users the ability to utilize communication networks using mixed encryption in a tactical environment. it comes with the company’s Radio Audio Channel Enhancement (R.A.C.E.) technology. The system plays incoming audio in stereo and isolates simultaneous dual-channel feeds. It further delivers a natural replication of audio communication and clear channel delineation during overlaps, according to Safariland. Retail prices range $695 to $850. For even more info, please visit safariland.com.
Safariland Liberator Features
- First of its kind Multi-Profile Tactical Headset: Active Noise Reduction (ANR), Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), and Dual Mode with ANR/ANC simultaneously.
- Backwards compatible with TCI single communications systems.
- Industry leading sound localization for maximum situational awareness and threat detection.
- Multiple single communications Push-to-Talk options available.
- Proprietary high-definition speakers and speaker enclosures.
- Advanced RF and TDMA PCB protection technology.
- Boom microphone featuring advanced RF and Acoustics Interference Shielding.
- Adaptive headset suspension can be easily changed with no tools between over-the-head, behind-the-head, or helmet rail mounted options.
- Proprietary, slim earcup design layered with sound barrier technology.
- The Liberator V adds R.4 dual communications Push-to-Talk available – compatible with R.A.C.E.
In a battle of piston vs gas systems, we take a look at the...
by Todd Burgreen / Mar 5, 2021