There are times when fire and EMS rescue personnel are subjected to gunfire in the field. The new TYR Tactical General Plate Carrier-Rescue Task Force Vest (TYR-GPC-RTF) was designed specifically for fire and EMS rescue personnel when responding to those violent/active incidents.
- RELATED STORY: TYR Tactical Releases Enhanced PICO Integrated Carrier
The carrier allows Rescue personnel to have level IV ballistic protection front and back and allows either level II or level IIIA side armor protection when working in the forward warm and hot zones of an incident.
It’s engineered utilizing TYR’s revolutionary PV material, which offers significant weight reduction with increased resistance to abrasion. PV has been tested to have 7-10 times higher abrasion resistance than standard mil spec nylon. PV also enhances the ballistic attributes of armor within the vest.
An antimicrobial/FR treated padded spacer mesh is used internally for comfort, while a Ballistic Vein increases load carriage performance, provides a rigid platform, reduces fatigue, stabilizes and enhances soft armor inserts.
- RELATED STORY: TYR’s Panoramic Ground Night Vision Goggle Pouch
Other features include:
- Zipper top kangaroo pouch on front cummerbund flap for Tourniquets, wraps, hemostatic agents etc.
- PALS Webbing for MOLLE Attachment
- 3-inch Wide Velcro Patches on Front and Back for Identification Panels.
- Fully Adjustable Padded Shoulders for Comfort
- Accepts 5” x 10” side ballistic protection T52/SP or TXP3A soft armor (Sold Separately)
The Tactical General Plate Carrier-Rescue Task Force Vest has an MSRP of $374.95 and is available now.
For more information on the Tactical General Plate Carrier-Rescue Task Force Vest and other products from TYR Tactical, please visit TYRtactical.com.
Harness the power of the 300 BLK with Daniel Defense’s new DDM4 300S.
by Dave Bahde / Sep 14, 2016