Texas-based ZRODelta has introduced an updated version of its Cowl Induction Brake (CIB).
The Gen 2 CIB reduces recoil by up to 72 percent. The company credits the reduction to the brake’s internal geometry which redirects the potential energy of the high pressure expanding gases exiting the barrel. The Gen 2 CIB achieves an additional 10 percent recoil reduction over its Gen 1 predecessor, ZRODelta claims.
Boasting a tapered design that meets 3 Gun competition requirements, the Gen 2 CIB is made from 4140 alloy steel and has an outer diameter that measures 0.88 inches on the thread end and 0.99 inches on the exit end. The overall length is 2.86 inches. The brake has a Matte black nitride coating and is available in Cerakote colors as well.
“After realizing such great results with the original CIB, I knew we had a lot of work ahead of us to create what is now the GEN 2 CIB,” said Mark Deros, Lead Designer. “The tapered, streamline outer dimension combined with the refined internal geometry, really takes the CIB to a whole new level.”
Available in 223/5.56, 6.5mm and .30cal, the MSRP for the Gen 2 CIB is $199. See the rundown of features and specs below, along with a video.
Features & Specs
- Proprietary design allows for the most effective recoil reduction on most calibers (.223 up to .308)
- Caliber specific sizes provide optimal recoil reduction
- Better recoil reduction by up to 72%
- New slim design that is under 1″ diameter meeting 3 Gun competition requirements
- Tapered ports for a sleek, blended look
- Horizontal ports minimize ground signature keeping debris away from shooter
- Matte black nitride coating standard, and Cerakote colors are available
- Includes shim set
- Weight: 0.35 lb.
- Material: 4140 Alloy steel
- Outer diameter 0.88” on thread end and 0.99″ on exit end
- Length: 2.86”
For more information, visit ZRODelta.com.
For those wanting to test the waters in 3-Gun competition, the Savage MSR 15 Recon...
by Mike Detty / Jan 11, 2018