Aimpoint has announced the release of its new CompM5 red dot sight.
Built for military and law enforcement applications, the Aimpoint CompM5 is touted as being the most compact optic—weighing in at 147 grams (5.19 ounces)—in the company’s Comp series. And the press release says that’s all due to the sight being powered by a single small, lightweight, alkaline AAA battery. The sight boasts a battery life of over five years of continuous use at intensity level seven.
The Aimpoint CompM5 is fully submersible up to 45 meters, or 150 feet. It’s also compatible with all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD), as well as the Aimpoint 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers. Meanwhile, the sight’s military grade optical lens system allows for great light transmission and dot clarity, making it parallax free as well as providing a crisp, clear dot even under magnification.
“The Aimpoint Comp Series has been established as the worldwide standard for military grade reflex sights for over 20 years. The new CompM5 sight provides professional end users the same levels of performance provided by our full-sized sights in a much more compact optic,” Lennart Ljungfelt, the President of Aimpoint AB, said in the press release. “This new product saves size and weight for the operator, with no sacrifice in overall performance.”
- RELATED STORY: 5 Fast-Targeting AR Scopes You Need to Know About
Check out the list of features below, via the official product page.
- Mountable on MIL-STD 1913 Rail system/Picatinny rail
- Advanced optical lenses with a protective front window
- High, AAA battery compartment
- Compatible with every generation of NVD
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers
- Excellent light transmission
- Extremely robust housing design, same ruggedness as the CompM4 sights with less weight
- Submersible to a depth of 45 m (150 ft)
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Weight 238 g (8.4 oz) standard configuration, sight only 148 g (5.2 oz)
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- 4 NVD settings and 6 daylight settings
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
For more on the CompM5, visit aimpoint.com.