Aimpoint introduces the latest generation of its heavy weapon sight – the Aimpoint® MPS3™. Designed for use on medium to heavy support weapons, the MPS3 sight enables users to quickly bring a weapon on target, and greatly increases first hit probability.
The Aimpoint MPS3 is a rugged, parallax-free, 1X (non-magnifying) optic with unlimited eye relief. The MPS3 sight features an adjustable brightness red dot with 9 daylight and 7 night vision compatible settings, making it suitable for use in all light conditions and fully compatible with all generations of night vision equipment. The 2 MOA red dot is ideal for engagement of targets at all distances. The MPS3 sight is designed for use in extreme conditions, and able to withstand heavy recoil forces.
The MPS3 sight has many of the same electronic upgrades found in the Army’s new Aimpoint M68CCO (CompM4) sights. The advanced ACET technology and an improved LED gives the MPS3 the same 80,000 hour constant-on power as the M68CCO using only a single AA size battery. The brightness selection switch has also been redesigned for improved durability, and can be manipulated even while wearing gloves. Integrated rails on the top and side of the MPS3 sight allow for easy attachment of accessories such a laser aiming, white light or infrared illumination devices.
A new mounting system known as the Aimpoint® MGMount™ has been developed for use with the MPS3 sight. The MGMount contains a simple but effective 3-step ballistic compensator preset for 200, 800 and 1200 meters. The ballistic compensation can quickly be changed using the selector lever without losing eye contact with the target. This mount fits on a standard M1913 Picatinny rail.
Unique features for MPS3:
* Compatible with every generation of NVD
* Designed to stand up to recoil of heavy weapons
* Accessory rails on sight allow for mounting IR or visible lasers
* Can be used with any AA size battery
* ACET technology combined with a AA battery gives 80,000 hours (over 8 years) of typical usage on one battery
* 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting
* 7 night vision compatibility settings, 9 day settings of which one extra bright
* 2 MOA dot size for long distance engagement
* One Function principle for simplicity of use in field (one rotary switch for light intensity)Manually adjustable reticle brightness
* Multi Purpose Sight for use on land, air and at sea
* 1X sight (no magnification)
Standard features for all Aimpoint® sights
* Unlimited field of view
* Parallax-free with unlimited eye relief
* Unaffected by extreme weather conditions
* Rugged, – durable construction
* No hazardous materials used
* No radioactive components
* No laser emission that could be harmful to yourthe eyes
* Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
* Increased aiming confidence
* Reduced training time and ammunition
For more information on this and other Aimpoint products, visit www.aimpoint.com.
Aimpoint introduces the latest generation of its heavy weapon sight – the Aimpoint® MPS3™. Designed…
by Tactical-Life.com / Apr 28, 2008