SIG Sauer recently announced its newest ammunition line, the Elite Hunter Tipped. The company bills the new Elite Hunter Tipped ammo as delivering both long-range accuracy and devastating on-target performance.
Designed for massive expansion and deep penetration, SIG’s newest ammunition delivers instant knockdown capability and maximum terminal performance at extended ranges, according to SIG. The cartridges feature a yellow-tipped, lead-alloy bullet. It utilizes an enhanced boat tail design for superior flight characteristics over a wide range of velocities. The design of the concentric, blackened jacket ensures reliable, controlled expansion of the bullet with maximum weight retention. The translucent yellow tip increases the ballistic coefficient. It further improves terminal performance and aiding in consistent, reliable chambering, according to SIG.
“Our new Elite Hunter Tipped line of premium rifle ammunition is designed and engineered to be a devastating game load with exceptional long-range accuracy and performance,” said Brad Criner, Senior Director, Brand Management and Business Development, SIG SAUER Ammunition. “SIG Elite Hunter Tipped ammunition delivers superior downrange energy and massive expansion for a clean kill whether you are hunting whitetail, mule deer, antelope, elk, predators or a variety of other game species.”
Elite Hunter Tipped Ammunition
- 90-grain 243 Win
- Muzzle Velocity = 3115 fps; Muzzle Energy = 1939 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.490
- 100-grain 6mm Creedmoor
- Muzzle Velocity = 2970 fps; Muzzle Energy = 1958 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.515
- 130-grain 6.5 Creedmoor
- Muzzle Velocity = 2850 fps; Muzzle Energy = 2344 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.510
- 130-grain 260 Rem
- Muzzle Velocity = 2820 fps; Muzzle Energy = 2995 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.510
- 140-grain 270 Win
- Muzzle Velocity = 2950 fps; Muzzle Energy = 2705 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.508
- 165-grain 308 Win
- Muzzle Velocity = 2840 fps; Muzzle Energy = 2956 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.530
- 165-grain 30-06 Springfield
- Muzzle Velocity = 2950 fps; Muzzle Energy = 3188 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.530
- 180-grain 300 Win Mag
- Muzzle Velocity = 2960 fps; Muzzle Energy = 3502 ft-lbs; G1 BC = 0.515
All Elite Hunter Tipped ammunition features nickel-plated cases that aid in extraction while providing significant anti-corrosion qualities. The custom formulated and precision loaded powders deliver consistent velocities regardless of atmospheric conditions. Meanwhile, industry-leading primers matched to proprietary powder blends ensures dependable ignition, according to SIG.
For more information, visit sigsauer.com.
A convicted woman who was extremely intoxicated and resisted arrest is now suing the...
by Tactical Life / Aug 13, 2019