Ares Armor’s Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group
Ares Armor, a California-based manufacturer of gun parts, gear and accessories, is releasing their new phosphate bolt carrier group (auto) for an AR15, M16, or M4. The carrier itself is parkerized on the outside and chrome lined on the inside. In addition, it is heat treated and made from 8620 steel. Meanwhile, the bolt is shot peened and made from heat treated 9310 steel.
This BCG has a properly staked chrome lined gas key which has been hardened to meet or exceed Mil-Spec. Ares Armors’ phosphate bolt carrier group also comes with a Mil-Spec Crane O-ring, which enhances the tension on the extractor throughout its arc of travel, improving the extractor’s function. The extractor itself is shot peened as well. Simply put, this BCG would be a great addition to an AR15, M16, or M4 build.
The complete phosphate bolt carrier group from Ares Armor is available at a manufacturer suggested retail price of $98.00. See below for additional details.
Features: Ares Armor Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group
- Carpenter VIM-VAR 9310 Hardened Steel and Shot Peened Bolt
- 8620 Hardened Steel and Chrome Lined (AUTO) Carrier
- American Made High Quality Fasteners
- Chrome Lined Gas Key Hardened to meet or exceed Mil-Spec
- Properly Staked Gas Key
- Shot Peened Hardened Extractor
- Mil-Spec Extractor Spring
- Black Extractor Insert
- Mil-Spec Crane O-Ring
- Approximately 20% of all Bolts are LOT MP tested during Ares Armor’s manufacture process. Ares Armor Bolts are NOT marked MP.
For more information about the Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group and the full range of products currently offered by Ares Armor, please visit http://www.aresarmor.com
The Gunbusters Firearms Pulverizer allows law enforcement agencies to destroy confiscated and surrendered firearms.
by Andrew Berry / May 16, 2014