The concept of multiple holsters for multiple handguns is a thing of the past, thanks to the BLACKHAWK! Omnivore multi-fit holster. According to the Virginia-based company, the Omnivore is capable of accommodating over 150 different styles of semi-auto handguns with an accessory rail.
- RELATED STORY: Guns, Holsters & Accessories – 6 Hot New Products For LEOs
The active retention mechanism locks onto the proprietary Rail Attachment Device, not the gun frame. Meanwhile, a thumb releases disengages the locking mechanism when drawing the handgun.
This holster is available at a suggested retail price of $59.95. See below for a rundown of features, via the BLACKHAWK! press release.
- RELATED STORY: 9 OWB Holsters That Are Quick On the Draw
• Multi-Fit – Omnivore holsters fit more than 150 styles of semi-automatic handguns with an accessory rail.
• Active Retention Mechanism – Ergonomic thumb-activated retention mechanism delivers instant firearm access.
• Level 2 Retention – Uses two features to hold handgun securely in place.
• Free-Floating Design – Holster locks onto Rail Attachment Device, doesn’t wear firearm’s frame and finish.
• 3-Position Adjustable Release – Height of thumb-activated retention mechanism adjusts to fit your hand.
For more information about BLACKHAWK! and their full range of available products, please visit www.blackhawk.com.
Test-firing the Gemtech Aurora, a top-secret micro suppressor built for the U.S. government.
by Rob Garrett / Jan 12, 2017