Oregon-based knife maker Kershaw introduced a ton of new designs in 2017, and if you’re a professional emergency responder — or you just want to be ready for anything — you might want to check out the Kershaw Barricade.
- RELATED STORY: 6 Fixed Blades Ready For Combat
The Kershaw Barricade boasts all the features you need in an emergency knife wrapped up in a “bright orange ‘see me’ package,” the press release says. It includes a carbide glassbreaker built into the butt end. The sculpted glass-filled nylon orange handle offers the end user a secure grip whether you’re in a glass-striking position or when using the blade. If you find yourself in a situation where you need to free a trapped victim, the built-in cord cutter will make short work of seat belts and cord.
Meanwhile, the 3.5-inch blade is made from 8Cr13MoV steel. The blade features a black-oxide coating to ensure it’ll withstand harsh use. A liner lock keeps the blade locked open when in use, then closes easily when done.
The modified clip-point blade opens one-handed with Kershaw’s patented SpeedSafe assisted-opening system and the flipper. For convenient carry, the Kershaw Barricade also features a deep-carry pocket clip.
- RELATED STORY: 11 Quick-Draw Neck Knives For Everyday Carry
The Kershaw Barricade is available at a suggested retail price of $39.99.
- Carbide glassbreaker tip, built-in cord/seatbelt cutter
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Flipper or thumbstud
- Single-position (right, tip-down) pocketclip
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Closed length: 5 in. (12.7 cm)
- Open length: 8.5 in. (21.6 cm)
- Weight: 4.5 oz. (128 g)
For more information, visit https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com.
MasterPiece Arms listened to customer demand by developing the MPA BA CZ-455 Chassis, which is...
by Tactical-Life / Mar 16, 2017