Last year, Magpul turned plenty of heads with the release of its first-ever knife: The limited-edition Magpul Rigger. The knife literally broke Magpul’s website and sold out inside of about five minutes. After much fanfare, the company is back at it again, returning to the knife market with another limited-edition release: The Magpul Rigger Stonewashed. Magpul plans on launching the new knife on Oct. 30 at 12 p.m. EST, so set your calendars.
The Magpul Rigger Stonewashed Titanium Knife
A jimped blade flipper deploys and locks the modified Wharncliffe blade. A precision-machined frame lock also engages if desired, preventing accidental blade closure. A flick of the thumb disengages the SLF, allowing quick, controlled closure.
The blade edge exhibits a distinct distal taper and slight belly. The contours enhance ease of sharpening, maintenance and utility, according to Magpul. The primary grind/bevel decreases weight while maintaining blade strength and rigidity. It also features an aggressive point for piercing and detailed work.
A titanium pocket clip features a hollow pocket clip screw for lanyards. It also removes or reverses with a slotted screwdriver. The knife measures 7.59 inches overall open, 4.52 inches closed. Well-suited for EDC, it remains tough enough for field work. Finally, the Rigger Stonewashed includes a high-strength, injection-molded polymer case. For more info, please visit magpul.com.
Magpul Rigger Stonewashed Specs
- Blade Design: Modified Wharncliffe with Tapered Dual Bevel Grind
- Secondary Locking Feature
- Blade Material: CPM S35VN
- Titanium Frame: 6Al4V
- Limited Edition: Individually Serialized
- Custom high strength, injection-molded, soft foam lined, weather resistant case
- Titanium Pocket Clip: 6Al4V
- Lanyard Hole
- Primary Frame Lock
- Jimping along blade spine and the flipper for increased grip during use
- Blade Length: 3.4 inches (from center of pivot)
- Blade Thickness: 11/64 inches
- Open Length: 7.59 inches
- Closed Length: 4.52 inches
- Handle Thickness: 7/16 inches
- Weight: 4 oucnes
- Mechanism: Manual Opening w/ Flipper
- Flipper Jimping Length: .235 inches
- Blade Spine Jimping Length: .65 inches
- Hardware Material: Stainless Steel
- Pocket Clip Position: Reversible Tip-Up
- Bearing Type: Caged Ceramic Bearings
- MSRP: $425
With an ingenious long-stroke gas piston system, the PWS MK116 Mod 2-M delivers a...
by Mitch Hardin / Oct 20, 2020