Showing no signs of slowing down, Magpul continues their run of product announcements with the unveiling of their M-LOK rail attachment system, brand new for 2014. A video which offers a closer look at this system can be seen below.
Magpul’s M-LOK system provides a simple way (direct attachment) to hard mount accessories to rails. It is the next step in the design evolution that began with the MOE slot system. The M-LOK, or Modular Lock system, features a longer slot and squared sides. Using M-LOK, accessories can be mounted directly from the front face of the slot. The M-LOK includes recoil mitigation lugs on all four sides which provide support to accessories.
This system also features a cammed T-Nut. According to the product release, “Simply adjust the gap between the T-Nut and accessory to match the thickness of the mounting surface, align the T-Nuts with the slot, and insert in the desired location. An initial 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 turn of the screw for each T-Nut rotates the nut into engagement and then you may tighten normally.”
An open-source platform, M-LOK is compatible with accessories from all manufacturers. According to Soldier Systems, a list of participating manufacturers includes ArmaLite, Troy, Geissele, Diamondhead, ARES, Primary Weapons System, JP Enterprises and many more.
Features: Magpul M-LOK Attachment System
- DIRECT MOUNT CAPABILITY: No access to back side of rail required
- 4-AXIS RECOIL MITIGATION LUGS: At every increment, accessories are supported by lugs on all four sides
- ADJUSTS EVENLY: In 1/2 slot increments for precise accessory placement
- MULTI-DIRECTIONAL MOUNTING: Accessories can mount with either end facing forward
- #10 MOUNTING SCREW: For greater strength and fewer stripped screw heads
- OPTIMIZED FOR BOTH METAL & POLYMER: Easy to manufacture plus stronger and more secure
- CUSTOM, SELF-ALIGNING T-NUT: Strong, inexpensive, and easy to use
- BACKWARDS MOE COMPATIBILITY: Most accessories fit with appropriate adapter plate
For more information about the M-LOK attachment system and the full range of products currently offered by Magpul Industries, please visit http://www.magpul.com
Bridging the gap between training and reality to survive a gunfight deadly force encounter (DFE)...
by Tactical Life / May 2, 2014