Mossberg has added to its already extensive line of bolt-action and semi-automatic rimfire rifles with five new muzzle brake Plinkster and other rimfire models packed full of features.
Muzzle brakes are now available on the following models: the standard 702 Plinkster® (.22 LR autoloading), the scoped 802 Plinkster™ (.22 LR bolt-action with 4x scope) and the scoped model 817 (.17 HMR with 3-9×40 scope). In addition, muzzle brakes will be fit onto a scoped model 817 with a thumbhole stock and Tipdown forend (.17HMR with 3-9×40 scope), and lastly, an 817 (.17HMR) will offer a complete package of a muzzle brake plus an upgraded 4-16×50 scope featuring sun shade, flip open lens protectors and a bi-pod.
These new Plinkster and rimfire rifles are the perfect go-anywhere kind of gun, with the built-in features normally found on rifles that cost much more. For example, the thumbhole stock with a Tipdown forend provides a vertical, pistol-like grip for both hands, which offers the most natural, ergonomic position for the human hand to assume when holding a rifle to the shoulder. This results in a more natural positioning of the hands and a comfort level more conducive to accurate shooting, be it from the prone, kneeling, sitting or off-hand positions.
702/802/817 – Muzzle Brake Models–Key Features:
• Select 702/802/817 rimfire models now offered with recoil-reducing muzzle brake;
• Black Synthetic stocks (817 also available in a Thumbhole stock with Tipdown forend);
• Convenient cross bolt safety and magazine release buttons;
• Detachable 10-round magazine (702, 802)
• Detachable 5-round magazine (817);
• 18” (702 and 802) and 21” (817) blued barrels;
• Includes a free gun lock;
• One-Year limited warranty.
For more information on this and other Mossberg products, visit www.mossberg.com
Mossberg has added to its already extensive line of bolt-action and semi-automatic rimfire rifles…
by Tactical-Life.com / Feb 23, 2009