Did you know that Aimpoint has never sold a flat dark earth-finished sight in the United States? It’s true. But that’s all about to change; the Swedish company announced it is now offering a limited run of Micro T-2 red dots in FDE to U.S. consumers.
Micro T-2 FDE Coating
These Micro T-2 FDE sights boast a Cerakote H-Series coating. The press release describes it as a thin-film ceramic coating that bonds with the sight’s aluminum alloy housing. Cerakote finishes are famous for being corrosion and chemical-resistant. They’re also touted for UV and thermal stability, in addition to durability in harsh conditions.
“We needed to match our choice of color surface finish with the durability and performance of the Micro T-2 sight,” Jonas Ardemalm, Aimpoint’s director of commercial sales & marketing, said in the presser. “Cerakote offers an extremely durable coating that has been proven to perform under very demanding conditions, and it offers advantages beyond typical paint applications. We are very happy to offer this enhanced Micro T-2 to our customers in the USA.”
Aimpoint says select dealers will be selling the Micro-T2 FDE on a “test” basis. They’ll likely sell out quickly. The MSRP isn’t listed in the presser, but the Micro T-2 FDE is going for $910 at MidwayUSA, and $909.90 at Optics Planet.
The standard Micro-T2 was first introduced in 2014. See below for a rundown of features. For more on Aimpoint, visit aimpoint.com.
Aimpoint Micro T-2
- Advanced optical lenses for even better light transmission
- Front Flip-up lens cover
- Transparent rear Flip-up lens cover
- Reinforced protection of the turrets for even greater ruggedness
- Ideal for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachine guns, and handguns
- Weight 3.7 oz. (105g) including mount, sight only 3.0 oz. (84g)
- 1X (non-magnifying) parallax free optic
- Compatible will all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
- 1 Off position, 4 night vision compatible settings and 8 daylight settings
- Integral Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment to any rail
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- Available in 2 MOA dot size
- Hard anodized non-reflective finish
- Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
- Use as a standalone sight or piggybacked on larger magnifying, thermal, or night vision optics
A recently released Department of Defense budget document reveals that the Marine Corps will buy...
by Tactical-Life / Mar 16, 2018