Meopta USA Sport Optics recently introduced its newest spotting scope, the MeoPro HD 80. Moreover, the straight-body model features a one-piece design with a fixed 20x-60x eyepiece.
Meopta MeoPro HD 80 Features
The MeoPro HD 80 includes a large, 80mm fluoride objective lens. Further, the lens delivers maximum light transmission and sharp resolution in low light, according to Meopta. Also, the MeoPro HD 80 eliminates color fringing, important for assessing game at distance.
Meopta describes the spotting scope‘s body as rugged, with a fully-armored magnesium body. Meanwhile, the Centric-Drive mid-body focus control makes the optic fast and easy to use, according to Meopta. MeoBright multi-coatings, MeoDrop hydrophobic coating and MeoShield anti-abrasion lens coating add performance and protection.
“We are excited to finally offer our customers a choice between angled and straight body in our MeoPro HD 80 spotting scope,” said Randy Garrison, Director of Meopta USA Sport Optics. “The MeoPro HD 80 is a high-performance spotter that has been a big seller for us. Hunters, optics experts, guides and outfitters quickly recognized the exceptional value of this optic when we introduced the first model, and we continue to deliver European-quality optics at great price points across all of our lines.”
Each MeoPro HD 80 spotting scope is nitrogen purged, waterproof, fogproof and shockproof, according to Meopta. Also, the spotting scope is available separately or in a kit that includes a carbon fiber tripod. Moreover, the kit includes a ball head and pan-tilt head, universal smartphone adapter and carrying case.
Meopta MeoPro HD 80 Specifications
- Objective Lens (mm): 80mm fluoride lens
- Eyepiece: Integrated 20x-60x eyepiece with twist-up eyecup
- Body type: Straight
- Lens Coatings: MeoBright, MeoDrop, MeoShield
- Close Focus (ft): 26.2 ft
- Focus control: CentricDrive, oversized, mid-body
- Chassis material: Magnesium alloy
- Armor: Full rubber armor
- Tripod Collar: Rotating, integrated tripod foot (no adapter required)
- Tripod Thread: ¼ – 20
- Exit Pupil (mm): Min – 1.4mm, Max – 4.05mm
- Dioptric Compensation: +/- 5
- Eye Relief (in): 0.73 in
- FOV (degrees): Min – 2.06º, Max – 1.26º
- FOV ft. @1000 yds. Min – 107.9 ft. Max – 66 ft.
- Apparent FOV (degrees): Min – 40º, Max – 65º
- Twilight Transmission (%): 87
- Overall Length w/eyepiece (in): 15.2 in
- Overall Weight (oz): 68 oz
- MSRP: $1,599.95 ($1,699.95 with Carbon Fiber Tripod Kit)
For more information, visit meoptasportsoptics.com.
Nonprofit Operation Underground Railroad (O.U.R.) is taking the fight to child sex slave traffickers...
by Lauren Young / Feb 28, 2019