Nikon has launched its new Monarch 3000 Stabilized rangefinder for 2018.
According to the presser, the Monarch 3000 Stabilized boasts an effective range of up to 3,000 yards on reflective targets and displays distances in .1-yard increments. Meanwhile, the new red OLED display offers either automatic or five selective brightness levels for contrast against targets and backgrounds. The rangefinder has a 6x monocular which features bright, multicoated optics, user-friendly 18mm eye relief and a 7.5 degree field of view.
The Monarch 3000 Stabilized includes an optical stabilization system that lessens viewfinder vibrations by around 80 percent, the company claims, while at the same time aligning the viewed image with the laser.
Also included in this rangefinder is Nikon’s “Hyper Read” technology, which displays measurements in just 0.3 seconds regardless of distance. When you hold down the power button on the Monarch 3000 Stabilized, you can measure across multiple targets continuously for up to eight seconds.
Another feature to note is Nikon’s ID (incline/decline) technology “to take the angle out of your shooting equation–up to an incredible +/- 89 degrees,” the press release says. The technology also gives you the ability to switch between first target priority mode (the closest target reading) or distant target priority mode (the range to the furthest target).
The Monarch 3000 Stabilized measures 3.8 inches in length, 1.7 inches in width and 2.9 inches in height. It tips the scales at 6.3 ounces. The rangefinder is waterproof and backed by Nikon’s five-year warranty.
For more, visit nikonsportoptics.com.
Monarch 3000 Stabilized Specs
- Measurement Range (actual distance): 7.3-2,740m/8-3,000 yd.
- Maximum Measurement Distance (reflective): 2,740m/3,000 yd.
- Maximum Measurement Distance (tree): 1,000m/1,100 yd.
- Maximum Measurement Distance (deer): 910m/1,000 yd.
- Accuracy (actual distance): ±0.50m/yd. (shorter than 700m/yd.); ±1.00m/yd. (700m/yd. and over, shorter than 1,000m/yd.); ±1.50m/yd. (1,000m/yd. and over)
- Increment Reading: .1 yds
- Magnification: 6x
- Viewfinder Display: meters/yards
- Power Source: 1 CR2 Lithium Battery
- Size (Length x Width x Height): 3.8 x 1.7 x 2.9 in
- Weight w/o Batteries: 6.3 oz
- Objective Diameter: 21 mm
- Exit Pupil: 3.5 mm
- Angle Compensation: Yes