Riton Optics is quickly establishing itself as another source for quality optics. We caught up with Riton at the recent Athlon Outdoors Rendezvous, and got a chance to check out the new X7 Tactix 1-8x28mm riflescope. Designed with Navy Seal Team Sniper Charlie Melton, the X7 Tactix impressed on the range.
Riton X7 Tactix 1-8×28
The X7 Tactix features a first focal plane, illuminated reticle. On 1X, this optic runs like a red dot, offering the ability to run the scope with both eyes open. This makes for lighting-fast target acquisition. But then when targets present themselves at extended range, the reticle size increases as the magnification cranks up.
“It’s a first focal plane scope, it’s illuminated,” said Jeremiah Alexander, Riton Optics. “It’s made to be like a red dot on one-power, but then you can zoom in with that eight-power and do what you want.”
At any magnification, the CM1 reticle provides a lot of capability. The “broken donut” design functions as a bright dot down at 1X. But when the magnification gets dialed up, the BDC aiming points come into play. For those that don’t want to dial up, the CM1 provides a fast way to get on target at extended ranges.
For more information, visit ritonoptics.com.
Riton X7 Tactix 1-8×28 Specifications
- Magnification: 1-8
- Parallax Adjustment: Fixed at 100 yards
- Tube Diameter: 34mm
- Objective Lens Diamater: 28m
- Focal Lens Position: First Focal Plane
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated, Full Wide Band, Waterproof Coated, Low Light Enghancement
- Reticle: CM1, Illuminated
- Field of View at 100 Yards: 105.8 ft.-13.1 ft.
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum
- Eye Relief: 3.5in/90mm
- Exit Pupil: Low 7.5mm, High 2.9mm
- Adjustment Range: 175 MOA
- Overall Length: 10.9 inches
- Overall Weight: 25 ounces
- MSRP: $1,599.99