The Trijicon REAP-IR series of mini thermal riflescopes are small, lightweight and powerful. However, despite relatively small size, each unit delivers tremendous capability, ensuring users own the night. Above all, we got time on the range with the REAP-IR at the recent Athlon Outdoor Rendezvous, and it lived up to the billing.
Trijicon REAP-IR Features
Each REAP-IR utilizes a topside Picatinny rail interface, well suited for the placement of a secondary optic such as a reflex sight. Also, a redesigned top-loading battery component provides fast access to replace power supply.
Also new is the company’s Easy Zero feature, which aids shooters in establishing a good zero quickly. Meanwhile, five unique reticles give shooters multiple options to fit individual conditions and needs. Moreover, the REAP-IR displays the current reticle selection in the lower-left portion of the screen, aiding in ballistic calculations.
To further aid in ballistic calculations, the scope features a Stadiametric Rangefinder. This system enables users to select a range unit, set the target size, and then quickly see a range distance displayed in the Range Readout Display.
The REAP-IR’s Polarity Control gives users three different levels of White Hot and Black Hot. Meanwhile, the digital electric zooming system, up to 8X, brings distant targets into clear view.
Firstly, the REAP-IR comes in four different configurations, each of which features an 8X digital magnification. Additionally, optical magnifications range from 1.5X to 4.5X, depending on the model. Moreover, suggested retail prices range from $6,999 to $9,499.
For more information, vist trijicon.com.
Trijicon REAP-IR Specifications
- Sensor Type: Uncooled VOx (Vandium Oxide)
- Thermal Sensitivity: <50mk
- Sensor Resultion: 640×480
- Display Type: Digital OLED
- Display Resolution: 640×480 Pixels
- Basic Features: E-Zoom, Polarity
- Advanced Features: Digital Contrast Enhancement, Digital Focus Control, Rangefinder, Easy Zero
- Start-Up Time: >5 Seconds
- Video Output: Analog RS-170 (with Optional Cable)
- Battery Type: 2 Each CR123 3 Volt
- Battery Life: Approximately 2 Hours Per Battery
- Eye Relief: 27mm
- Models: IRMS-20-2, IRMS-35, IRMS-35-2, IRMS-60-2
The nation's fourth-largest police department, Philadelphia PD, has chosen the direct-impingement SIG M400 Pro rifles...
by Tactical-Life / Dec 20, 2018