Safariland®, a BAE Systems business, introduced today the PROTECH® Intruder™ G2 Type IIIA shield. This ballistic shield is the first of its kind to incorporate a unique triangular viewport.
The shield and viewport have been independently tested to defeat the following handgun rounds:
• 9mm 124 gr. FMJ
• .44 Magnum 240 gr. LSWC
• Tokarev 7.62x25mm 85 gr. FMJ [steel jacket]
• 5.7x28mm 40 gr. SS197/Blue Tip
• WIN. Ranger 9mm 127 gr. +P+ SXT
• .357 SIG 125 gr. TMJ
The Intruder G2 shield features an innovative, enlarged, 6.75” x 15.50” (at widest points), triangular viewport which provides increased overall visibility compared to a standard viewport. This multi-layered viewport design contains overlapping acrylic and polycarbonate laminate ballistics in the front and back which reinforces the seams and provides excellent protection from handgun threats.
The Intruder G2 also features include the following:
• Standoff platform and padded forearm rest on the body side of the shield that provides additional ballistic impact standoff protection against backface deformation
• Horizontal ambidextrous handle which allows the shield operator’s arm to be kept vertical in a strong-arm position utilizing skeletal support
• High-intensity, strobe capable LED dual lighting system which provides the operator with the ability to illuminate darkened areas without the use of a separate light
• Two non-skid, rubber rake bars for added protection from wear and tear
• Quick release strap for additional support when carrying the shield
The Intruder G2 is made of 100 percent uni-directional polyethylene material with a rugged, state-of-the-art vacuum-molded outer skin which provides increased durability to this sleek design. The ballistic shield measures 20” x 33” in size, weighs approximately 21 pounds and offers 660 in2 (total area) of coverage.
“The Intruder G2 Shield is the culmination of a team of engineers striving to create something new and innovative that provides added visibility for the user,” said Dan McNeil, Director, Category Management, Tactical Armor for Safariland.
For more information on the PROTECH Intruder G2 Shield or other hard armor or tactical carrier offerings visit: www.protechtactical.com.
Safariland®, a BAE Systems business, introduced today the PROTECH® Intruder™ G2 Type IIIA shield. This…
by Tactical-Life.com / Jan 20, 2012