North American Rescue, a South Carolina-based company that provides lifesaving medical equipment to military, law enforcement and first responders, showed off a bunch of products at SHOT Show 2017. One in particular that caught our eye is the Public Access Bleeding Control Station. Check out the video above for an in-depth look at this offering.
- RELATED STORY: Duty Ready – 11 Lifesaving First-Aid Kits
When a person sustains a traumatic injury, the initial minutes afterward are critical. That’s where the Public Access Bleeding Control Station comes in. It’s designed to give bystanders and first responders fast access to the equipment that can stop life-threatening bleeding in public buildings and populated areas. It contains eight individual bleeding control kits in an easy-to-open nylon carrying case. It also comes with one NAR QuikLitter for moving injured casualties.
The Public Access Bleeding Control Station comes in a clear storage case that features external mounting tabs to enable it to be installed on any wall. According to the product page, it also has an eyelet that allows for a secondary safety seal to identify if the station has been previously opened or tampered with.
- RELATED STORY: Breathe Easy – Choosing the Right Respirator
These stations come in four different configurations: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, and Advanced OTC. The Basic version has eight complete kits in red nylon bags, plus the the NAR QuikLitter. The Intermediate variant has the same equipment as the Basic version, but with an HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack for treating penetrating chest wounds. Advanced/Advanced OTC also includes a hemostatic dressing to enhance blood clotting abilities for faster bleeding control.
MSRP is $1,099.99.
Basic Station Contents
- 1 x Rugged, Easy-to-access Clear Wall Case
- 1 x NAR Red Nylon Carrying Case
- 1 x NAR QuikLitter
- 8 x Basic Individual Bleeding Control Kits (Nylon)
- 1 x C-A-T® Tourniquet
- 1 x 6 in. Responder ETD (Emergency Trauma Dressing)
- 2 x NAR Compressed Gauze
- 2 x Pair, Bear Claw Nitrile Gloves, Lg
- 1 x NAR Trauma Shears, 7.25 in.
- 1 x Permanent Marker, Small
- 1 x Just in Time Instruction Card
- 1 x PVC Bleeding Control Patch
- 1 x Red Nylon Bag
For more information about North American Rescue, visit https://www.narescue.com