Remington Ammunition‘s new Disintegrator lead free frangible pistol ammunition is a technological breakthrough in bullet construction that offers totally lead free, no-ricochet performance, with point of impact and felt recoil equivalent to standard lead core pistol ammunition. In accuracy performance it as well or better than the best duty ammo.
Disintegrator bullets are made of compressed metal particles shaped into standard profile 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP specifications. Disintegrator core is completely protected with hard copper plate. Manufacturing process produces highly concentric core for excellent accuracy.
Why Remington’s Disintegrator is the Perfect Training Round:
* Completely lead free round for practice, competition, and law enforcement where airborne lead or spent lead recovery is an issue.
* Lead free priming mix provides clean, instantaneous ignition, while special powder blends enhance velocities to duplicate the felt recoil and point of impact of standard lead core bullets.
* Superior accuracy is achieved through a precise manufacturing process that produces precise bullet concentricity.
* Ricochet of fragments is virtually eliminated, even when fired against angled surfaces, limiting the radius of dispersion from the impact point, and enhancing participant safety at minimal target distances.
* Disintegrator frangible bullets reduce wear and damage to bullet traps and backstops.
* Nothing is left after impact but harmless metal particles and small pieces of thin copper plate.
* Disintegrator bullet profiles are based on field-proven Remington lead bullet designs for reliable feed and function in a wide range of pistols.
* Disintegrator ammunition is also particularly suited for special duty applicants.
Disintegrator frangible bullets feature a high strength compaction formed core, completely sealed in a jacket of electroplated copper. The metal powder core construction creates a bullet that easily withstands the forces and pressure of firing, while providing instant and complete frangibility against hard surfaces. The copper plating on Disintegrator bullets provides a smooth, ductile jacket that enhances feed and function in all autoloading pistols, minimizes bore fouling, and virtually eliminates barrel erosion. Only .005″ thick, it is enough for good rifling engraving, but too thin to ricochet.
Remington Ammunition's new Disintegrator lead free frangible pistol ammunition is a technological breakthrough in…
by Tactical-Life.com / May 12, 2009