RIANOV is introducing the Eagle, a ballistic computing device which mounts to a rifle scope and calculates the range to the intended target and provides the end user with real-time ballistic solutions for elevation and windage adjustments.
According to SoldierSystems.net, the military variant of the Eagle accepts range inputs from STORM, RULR and RAPTOR LRF’s. It also supports the Modular Sniper Display system and adjusted Aimpoint systems. The lightweight RIANOV Eagle presents the text and ballistic solution information on an LCD display screen. It automatically captures data such as barometric pressure, temperature, CANT and look angle, which enables the shooter to focus on what’s happening down range.
The Eagle is capable of storing information for 16 weapon systems and 60 DOPE solutions per weapon system, SoldierSystems reports. It supports .22LR through .50 Cal, comes with a remote 5 function keypad, has a weight of 1.7 oz, an altitude range of -1,600ft to 29,600ft, and an operating temperature range of -40°F to 140°F. It is available at an MSRP of $750, or $900 for international orders. See below for more information.
Features: RIANOV Eagle
- Scope Mounted Ballistic Computer
- Simple Truing function based on the shooters DOPE
- Stores information for 16 Weapon Systems
- Remote Keypad (User inputs)
- Automatically captures required environmental data
- Barometric Pressure
- Uphill/Downhill angle
- Cant angle
- Supports .22 long thru .50 Cal
- Supports Adjusted Aimpoint & Modular Sniper Display
- Accepts Range inputs from STORM / RULR LRF’s
- JBM Ballistics Solver
- US$900.00 for International orders
Specifications: RIANOV Eagle
- Weight: ~1.7 oz.
- Size: 59mm x 21mm x 10mm
- Display: LCD 16 Character x 3 Rows
- User Interface: 5 Function Keypad – Remote placement
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Altitude Range: -1,600ft to 29,600ft (-300m to 9,000m)
- Barometric Pressure Resolution: 0.01 INHg
- Optical Ranging: > 5,000 Yards
- Mounts to 34mm Scope Tube: 1.535” Height Rings
- Angular Range (Slope): ±85° (Look Angle)
- Angular Range (Cant): ±90°
- Angular Resolution: < 0.1°
- Battery Type: CR-123 (1 required)
For more information about the Eagle Ballistic Computer, and the full range of products currently offered by RIANOV, please visit https://www.rianov.com
DARPA displayed its ongoing IT projects in front of DoD officials, defense contractors and key...
by Andrew Berry / May 22, 2014