SureFire says its revolutionary new WarComp-556-1/2-28 flash hider is, in fact, the “world’s most shootable flash hider” — and after careful inspection, it’s easy to see why the company is claiming that.
The WarComp fits M4 / M16 weapons and variants with ½-28 muzzle threads. Its patent-pending design provides three valuable functions:
- RELATED STORY: G2X LE: SureFire’s Law Enforcement-Ready Flashlight
- It provides over 99 percent reduction in muzzle flash compared to a plain muzzle, which helps to conceal the shooter’s location and preserve his dark-adapted vision.
- It virtually eliminates muzzle rise, which enhances monitoring of target reaction and staying on target for faster follow-up shots.
- It serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for all SureFire SOCOM Series 5.56mm Fast-Attach suppressors, including our SOCOM556-RC model, which placed first in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted by US Special Operations Command.
Precision machined from US Mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock — including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface — the WarComp-556-1/2-28 features an Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach suppressor, the WarComp provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment and prevent any ringing of tines inside the suppressor. A rear labyrinth seal mitigates gas leaking from the back of a suppressor, minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system, and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
Every SureFire WarComp is individually inspected for concentricity and alignment.
- RELATED STORY: SureFire’s New 2211X WristLight Is Built For All
The WarComp retails for $149 and is available now.
For more information on the WarComp and other products from SureFire, please visit SureFire.com.
Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone and his friends helped prevent a shooting on a Paris-bound...
by Tactical-Life / Aug 26, 2015