Copper Basin has released a new version of its low-profile Takedown Firearm Backpack that accommodates more firearms.
A purpose-built, tactical firearm transport case, the Takedown Firearm Backpack sports a quick-access top flap that allows you to quickly remove and deploy the firearm components being carried. The top flap is part of a complete fold open design that offers easy access to components and gear at the range and in the field. Thanks to its updated dimensions, the pack can carry a wide array of firearms with optics and bipods, the press release says. The contours of your rifle will be obscured thanks to the included layers of structural foam, while the interior of the pack’s pockets is lined with fleece to help protect the firearm and reduce noise.
Included on the outside of the Takedown Firearm Backpack are features like heavy duty zippers; multiple pockets designed for storing gear; water bottle pockets; adjustable, padded shoulder straps with carabiner loops; bungees that hold gear in place; adjustable sternum strap with a whistle buckle; stowaway strap that lets you attach the pack to the back of a car seat for storage; mesh back with lumbar support pad;
“When we created the Takedown Firearm Backpack, our goal was to make it blend in and be as unassuming as possible. We chose nondescript colors and materials and avoided things like molle, solid black coloring, velcro or anything else that gave the outside observer any indication that a firearm was being transported. The backpack is purpose built, ready for rapid deployment and it looks great,” Copper Basin’s director of sales and marketing Gary Cauble said.
- RELATED STORY: 6 Waterproof Backpacks for Your Gear & Supplies
MSRP for Copper Basin’s Takedown Firearm Backpack is $99.99. Below is a list of specs and firearms it can accommodate.
- Inner pockets
- Rear stock: 20.5″L x 10.5″W x 2.25″D
- Forend/barrel: 18″L x 5″W x 2.5″D
- Accessory (x2): 9″L x 3.5″W x 1.5″D
- Pack dimensions: 23″x 13″x 5″
- Total weight: 2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)
- Material: Durable 420D Nylon
- AR & AK Pistols
- AOW Shotguns / Compact Shotguns
- Century Arms AK Pistols
- Century Arms Draco Pistols
- Henry Survival AR-7 Rifle
- Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Rifles
- Kriss Vector Gen II SDP and SBR
- Ruger 10/22 Takedown Factory Rifle, 22 Charger & 22 Charger Takedown
- SIG MPX SBR, MPX-K SBR, PMPX
- Zenith Firearms MKE Z-5RS, MKE Z-5P, MKE Z-5K
For more information on Copper Basin and the Takedown Backpack, visit copperbasingear.com.
An exploding fridge door nearly struck an Ohio man at high speeds after he...
by Tactical-Life / Jun 16, 2017