Arizona-based accessories manufacturer TYR Tactical is readying a number of new products this year, including the PICO-DS Medical Chest Rack.
- RELATED STORY: Duty Ready – 11 Lifesaving First-Aid Kits
Billed as offering true “mission adaptability” for the end user, the PICO-DS Medical Chest Rack allows the user to remain hands-free and mobile while administering care to those in need. It can be worn either as a standalone rack or it can be attached to TYR’s PICO-DS Assaulter’s Plate Carrier via the Quick Attach Surface Mount (QASM) buckle system. Each rack comes with a removable H-Harness, while internally, a removable antimicrobial/FR treated spacer mesh pad is used for enhanced comfort and reduced dry time in dry or tropical conditions.
Designed around the guidelines set forth by the Committee for Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC), the TYR Tactical PICO-DS Medical Chest Rack is available at a suggested retail price of $149.95. See below for a rundown of features, via the official product page.
- RELATED STORY: Breathe Easy – Choosing the Right Respirator
• Adjustable/Removable H-Harness
• 500-denier Cordura
• Qty.4 Tourniquet GP Pouches. High strength and abrasion resistant 4-way stretch Tweave is used on the gusset of the pouches which allow them to expand when needed.
• Internal 1” Elastic loops, Bungee and 3/8” MOLLE webbing which provide additional load carriage locations for tourniquets and other medical items.
• Heavy Duty #10 Zipper Closure
• Velcro Securing tab for quick release access
• Removable H-Harness
• Removable antimicrobial/FR treated spacer mesh pad
• Quick Attach Surface Mount (QASM) buckle system
• Qty.1 Internal and External Pocket with Velcro Closure
• Wt: 24.8 oz.
• Dim: 7” H x 9” W x 2.25” D
For more information about TYR Tactical and its PICO-DS Medical Chest Rack, visit tyrtactical.com.
[h/t Soldier Systems]
The Army has provided a clearer picture of its short and long-term goals with regard...
by Tactical-Life / May 11, 2017