Cell extractions are a dangerous part of the job for anyone working in prisons.
PPSS has created a Cell Extraction Vest that is designed to withstand forceful blows from any piece of weaponry an inmate can use.
When PPSS decided to create such crucial piece of personal protective equipment, it was paramount to first discuss all design and performance issues with Correctional Emergency Response Teams (CERT), Tactical Support Units (TSU) and other serving Corrections and Prison Officers tasked with responding to incidents, riots, cell extractions, mass searches or disturbances in prisons, possibly involving uncooperative or violent inmates.
Features & benefits
- Extremely tough and durable
- Body moulded collar parts provide extensive and complete wrap-around neck protection
- Front opening means full securing of the garment is extremely simple and fast
- The world’s best performance/cost ratio
- Unlimited shelf life
- Weight of around 7kg/16lbs for the complete Cell Extraction Vest
- Comfortably worn – exceptional manoeuvrability
- Includes Molle webbing over the greatest possible area (front and back)
Offering protecting from the following threats:
- Blunt impact weapons – including hammers, clubs, bricks, snooker balls, gym weights
- High impact cutting weapons – including axes and machetes
- Makeshift edged weapons, shanks and razor blades
- Heavy assault, including kicks and punches
- Blunt trauma injury associated with all the above
For more information on the Cell Extraction Vest and other products from PPSS, please visit PPSS-Group.com.