Storing and traveling with long guns can present much more of a challenge than traveling with handguns simply because of their size. Of course, traveling with firearms always presents a challenge, as there are various local and state laws that affect your possession of some types of guns outside your home state. Indeed, traveling by car or air across state lines requires that specific guidelines be adhered to and followed. A good solid and compact case that allows you to take your self-defense tools with you is a big part of what makes this possible.
For all air travel with firearms, you need to have a hard-sided, lockable case that must be sent through as checked luggage and inspected by security to make sure it is unloaded. Fortunately, there are many long rifle cases that fit the bill and will protect your valuable rifles against even the most careless bag handlers. The gallery above features some of the rifle cases best around.
For more information on the rifle cases above, please visit the following websites:
- Case Club 2 AR-15 Rifle & Accessory Case: (caseclub.com; 877-412-2737)
- Case Club Economical Universal Rifle Case: (caseclub.com; 877-412-2737)
- Case Club Discreet Universal Rifle Case: (caseclub.com; 877-412-2737)
- CaseCruzer Emergency Preparedness Footlocker: (casecruzer.com; 909-613-1999)
- Loaded Gear AX-500 Hard Rifle Case: (loadedgear.com; 888-666-6769)
- Pelican iM3300SGN & iM3300RFL: (pelican.com; 800-473-5422)
- Plano Bone Collector: (planomolding.com; 800-226-9868)
- Plano Mil-Spec Cases: (planomolding.com; 800-226-9868)
- QuickFire QFA515 AR-15 Case: (quickfirecases.com; 800-819-4245)
- Seahorse SE1530: (seahorse.net; 626-339-6673)
- Vanguard Outback 60C: (vanguardworld.com; 800-875-3322)
Discussion about this post