DoubleStar is stepping into the increasingly competitive AR pistol market with its new ARP7.
Billed in the press release as “what an AR-style pistol should be,” the DoubleStar ARP7 is chambered in 5.56mm NATO and features a 7.5-inch 4140 chrome moly steel barrel with a Big Timber Brake on the end. It also comes with the company’s Strongarm pistol brace; seven-inch Cloak MLOK handguard; Backbone Billet charging handle paired with a Strike Industries Tac Latch; ambidextrous selector; and Ergo Sure grip.
Meanwhile, the flat-top upper receiver is is made from 7075 T6 aluminum and Mil-Spec hardcoat anodized. It features a brass deflector; M4 feed ramps; T marks; forward assist and dust cover. The lower is also made from 7075 T6 aluminum and hardcoat anodized to Mil-Spec.
“This pistol is the ideal truck or trunk gun. Whether you are traveling or hitting the trails, I’m never leaving home without mine again!” Nick Collier, DoubleStar’s director of special operations, said in the presser. “During testing, we used a small red-dot and were able to make quick shots with accurate follow up shots, thanks to the Big Timber Brake and the Strongarm Pistol Brace.”
Weighing in at 5.4 pounds and with an OAL of 24.5 inches, the DoubleStar ARP7 comes with a 30-round magazine. The suggested retail price on this model is $1,299.99. Specs are below.
For more on DoubleStar, go to Star15.com.
DoubleStar ARP7 Specs
- Barrel Length: 7.5″
- Barrel Type: HBAR (Heavy Barrel)
- Twist Rate: 1×9
- Barrel Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Barrel Features: M4 Feedramps, Free Floating
- Sight / Gas Block: Steel Low Profile Gas Block
- Muzzle Device: Big Timber Brake
- Handguard: DoubleStar 7″ Cloak MLOK
- Fire Control Group: Standard Trigger Group
- Buttstock / Pistol Receiver Extension: Pistol Buffer Tube with Strongarm Pistol Brace
- Pistol Grip: Ergo Ambi Sure Grip
- Action: Direct Gas Impingement
- Other Features: Enhanced Extraction System
- MSRP: $1,299.99