The 6.5 Precision Rifle Cartridge (PRC) is essentially a supercharged 6.5 Creedmoor, according to Savage Arms. The round delivers tremendous velocity, even at long ranges. While this increases accuracy at greater distances, the 6.5 PRC is much more than a target round. The increase in velocity converts to great force on impact. This combination of accuracy and power has made the 6.5 PRC a favorite of long-range hunters.
“Some hunters are hesitant about to pull the trigger on animals at longer ranges,” said Beth Shimanski, Director of Marketing at Savage Arms. “Some rounds simply lose their ability to transfer sufficient energy as they slow down. Not the 6.5 PRC. Savage’s new 6.5 PRC rifles are capable of match-grade accuracy and lethal terminal ballistic performance.”
Savage Arms jumps in offering multiple configurations in 6.5 PRC. The 110 Tactical rifles offer increased capacity from their box magazines. The 110 High Country features TrueTimber Strata camouflage, making it a favorite for hunters. Meanwhile, the featherweight 110 Apex is easy to carry as it is to get on target.
For more information, visit savagearms.com.
Savage Arms 6.5 PRC Rifles
- Model 10 GRS 6.5 PRC 24-inch barrel – $1,449
- 110 High Country 6.5 PRC 24-inch barrel – $1,129
- 110 Tactical 6.5 PRC 24-inch barrel – $799
- Model 110 Tactical Desert 6.5 PRC 24-inch barrel – $799
- 110 Apex Hunter 6.5 PRC 24-inch barrel – $699
- 110 Apex Storm 6.5 PRC 24-inch barrel – $749
- Model 110 Engage Hunter 6.5 PRC 24-inch barrel – $639