With civil unrest and uncertainty on the rise in 2020, defensive guns catapulted into public consciousness like never before. But despite all the different flavors out there, when it comes to pure home defense, the pump gun remains pretty tough to beat. Now the Retay Arms GPS Tactical provides an extremely affordable option.
Retay Arms GPS Tactical Details
The platform utilizes the company’s Geometric Pump System. Imported from Turkey, the shotgun features a new floating forend technology. It delivers an ultra-short cycling distance, according to Retay Arms. The system sounds well-suited to both duty and defensive work.
The GPS Tactical comes in 12 gauge with a 2 3/4-inch, 3-inch chamber. It sports an 18.5-inch ribless barrel. The barrel threads also accept Retay’s removable MaraParo choke system. It comes with three chokes: cylinder, modified and full.
At just 6 pounds, 1 ounce, the GPS Tactical remains light. The aluminum-framed shotgun incorporates an alloy double-pin triggers system. The one-piece receiver also includes an integrated dovetail. The shotgun comes in a matte black finish.
The Retay GPS includes several proven features demanded in a defensive shotgun. Better still, it retails for just $349.
Retay Arms GPS Tactical Specs
- Gauge: 12
- Chamber: 2.75-3-inches
- Action: Extra-short 3-inch travel pump-action with Geometric Forend System
- Barrel: Drilled Bohler Steel, chrome lined
- Forcing Cone: MaraBarrel Spec elongated, back-bored at 2.5 degrees
- Choke: Retay Marapro Interchangeable (C, M, F)
- Magazine: 5+1, tube includes integrated sling swivel mounts
- Recoil Pad: Sculpted microcell polyurethane
- Length of Pull: 14.37 inches
- Drop at Heel: 2.16″+/- .04
- Drop at Comb: 1.45″+/- .04
- Overall Weight: 6 pounds, 1 ounce
- Stock Finish: Dye molded ABS, matte black
- Receiver: Single piece aluminum, anodized matte black
- Safety: Cross-bolt push button
- Trigger Housing: Milled aluminum housing and guard
- Trigger: Automatic trigger disconnector system
- Sights: High visibility front blade sight
- MSRP: $349
Discussion about this post