Ansonia Police in Connecticut recently responded to a man who allegedly violated a protective order and became physically aggressive with his girlfriend. Responding to the call, officers found 30-year-old Michael Gregory, who ultimately defeated a Taser and charged officers with a knife. Ansonia officers then shot Gregory several times, killing him.

Ansonia Police Kill Knife-Charging Suspect

Recently released body cam footage shows the entire incident, from multiple angles. The suspect yells several times: “You’re gonna have to shoot me!” Eventually, Gregory emerges from behind a closed door. Officers deploy a Taser, but the attempt fails to slow Gregory down. That’s when Gregory, armed with a knife, charges at the officers, leading to the fatal shooting.

“This footage is just one part of the on-going investigation. Detectives from the Western District Major Crime Squad will continue to investigate this incident. Once their investigation is completed, detectives will submit their findings to the Danbury State’s Attorney’s Office for review,” Connecticut State Police told

“The male then ran toward officers with the knife in hand. Officers made every attempt to create distance between themselves and the unwanted male subject,” Ansonia Police Chief Andrew Cota told “One of the officers fired at least one shot from his gun, hitting Gregory.”

Gregory already faced sentencing for a prior conviction over a domestic incident, according to In the case, a judge issued the protective order that barred him from the home. Police charged Gregory with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, and he remained free on a promise to return to appear in court. Conditional to his release, the court required Gregory to submit to mental health and substance abuse evaluation and treatment, along with obey his protective order, according to

Up Next

VIDEO: Suspect Draws Gun, Texas DPS Troopers Shoot Him 16 Times

After leading police on a pursuit, suspect Schaston Hodge finally drew a gun on...