SIG Sauer recently reported that the U.S. Army Contracting Command awarded a weapons contract for multiple SIG platforms and accessories. Additionally, the contract includes rifles, pistols, riflescopes, suppressors and accessories.
The weapons contract includes MCX rifles, 716G2 rifles, SP2022 pistols, Tango6 Series riflescopes, suppressors and other accessories.
“This is a very exciting announcement for SIG Sauer and we are extremely proud that the U.S. Army has selected SIG SAUER products for this award,” said Ron Cohen, President and CEO, SIG Sauer, Inc. “For this contract, the U.S. Army has identified a wide array of SIG SAUER product including pistols, rifles, optics, and suppressors. We are extremely humbled that they have recognized our ability to meet the broad scope and demands of this contract while recognizing the quality and versatility of our products for the battlefield.”
This is the second major contract SIG has announced recently, as the Philadelphia Police Department adopted the M400 Pro rifle for SWAT officers. To learn more further the SIG Sauer products in this U.S. Army COTS Award please visit sigsauer.com.
U.S. Army SIG Sauer Weapons Contract
- MCX Rifles: conceived for the demands of the special operations community and engineered for adaptability, accuracy, and durability. Also available in over 500 configurations the MCX offers the utmost in mission-specific flexibility. It also features user changeable barrels, free-floating M-LOK handguards, ambidextrous AR style controls, a folding adjustable stock, and a 30-round magazine.
- MPX Rifles: a groundbreaking sub-gun with a short-stroke gas piston operating system. It also features user changeable barrels available in varying lengths. Additionally, it has a short aluminum KeyMod handguard, ambidextrous AR controls, and a 30-round magazine.
- 716G2 Rifles: a short-stroke pushrod gas system on an AR platform and 7.62 NATO caliber performance, a free-float handguard, ambidextrous controls, and telescoping stock. It also features ambidextrous steel QD sling mounts, and a 20-round magazine.
- SP2022 Pistols: full-size suppressed and non-suppressed pistols featuring a durable, lightweight, and wear-resistant polymer frame with a nitron stainless steel slide. It also has a double action/single action trigger, SIGLITE Night Sights, and an integrated M1913 accessory rail.
- TANGO6 Series Riflescopes: ruggedized and optimized for military use to withstand both close quarter battle operations and long range shooting. All TANGO6 series riflescopes are manufactured using anodized aircraft grade aluminum maintubes. They are also available in multiple reticle and illumination options.
- Suppressors: designed to be part of a completely integrated pistol or rifle system to maximize overall performance resulting in the most advanced, most dependable suppressors.
- Accessories: to include various uppers, threaded barrels, and magazines.
Read this guide for information on the bump stock ruling, destruction and abandonment, and...
by Tactical-Life / Dec 21, 2018