The following is a release from Taser International:
Taser International Monday announced large orders of its Axon body-worn video cameras and Evidence.com solution, a back-end digital evidence management system. These orders were received in the first quarter of 2015 and are expected to ship in the first and second quarter of 2015.
To date, 16 members of the Major City Chief’s Association have deployed Taser’s Axon cameras including; Charlotte-Mecklenburg, Albuquerque, Cleveland, Fort Worth, Fresno, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Mesa, Miami, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City,San Diego, San Francisco, Tampa and Tucson.
Large orders were received from the following domestic agencies:
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (NC): 1,425 Axon body and flex cameras with five years ofEVIDENCE.com and TASER Assurance Plan (TAP), add-on order
- Tracy Police Department (CA): 104 Axon body and flex cameras with five years of Evidence.com and TAP
- Muncie Police Department (IN): 93 Axon body and flex cameras with five years of Evidence.com and TAP
- Newnan Police Department (GA): 73 Axon flex cameras with five years of Evidence.com and TAP
- El Mirage Police Department (AZ): 38 Axon body and flex cameras with three years of Evidence.com and TAP
- Sugar Land Police Department (TX): 31 Axon body cameras with five years of Evidence.com and TAP
- Pennsylvania Game Commission (PA): 187 Axon body cameras with five years of Evidence.com
Taser’s Axon cameras are small, yet highly visible, and can be attached securely to sunglasses, a cap, a shirt collar, or a head mount. They are powered by a pocket-sized battery pack, which ensures recording capability during an entire shift. When recording, the cameras capture a wide-angle, full-color view of what an officer is facing. The video automatically uploads via a docking station to Evidence.com, a cloud-based storage and management system, where it can be easily accessed for review. The video files stored online or on the Axon video camera are secure and cannot be tampered with.
Evidence.com helps law enforcement capture, manage, and share their digital evidence without the complexity or cost of installing in-house servers. It enables greater transparency through seamless integration with the industry-leading Axon body-worn video cameras. Evidence.com is the most secure, scalable, and cost-effective solution for managing all types of digital evidence. Evidence.com automates the upload process to ensure security and integrity while keeping officers in the field rather than sitting at computers.
- RELATED: Body Camera Shows Georgia LEO Rescue 3-Year-Old From Fire
- RELATED: PoliceOne Outlines 5 Steps to Starting a Body Camera Pilot Program
- RELATED: Utah Police Body Camera Records Footage of Dramatic Toddler Rescue
- RELATED: Seattle Police Begin Posting Body Camera Footage to YouTube
- RELATED: 10 Reasons Cops Should Use Body-Worn Cameras
After making a name for itself with its line of transparent AR-15 magazines, ETS...
by Tactical-Life / Mar 31, 2015