MIAMI — Florida felons have regained their voting rights since new rules took effect last April, announced Gov. Charlie Crist on Tuesday. Only 20 percent, or 115,232 felons, are now allowed to vote, keeping the other 80 percent of the state’s disenfranchised ex-offenders away from the polls.
The increase in voters will most likely make a large impact in November’s presidential elections and the Republican governor is proud of the ability to provide his citizens with a second chance at responsibility: “Once somebody has truly paid their debt to society, we should recognize it, and we should honor it and we should welcome them back into society and give them that second chance.”
For more details on this, click here and return back to comment.
Army implements FM 3-0, Future Combat Systems evaluators see system ideal for info ops & disaster response
MIAMI — Florida felons have regained their voting rights since new rules took effect last…
by Tactical-Life.com / Jun 18, 2008