“We greatly appreciate the support from our sustaining sponsors who have made this raffle possible. We expect strong support from the thousands of attending NRA members who appreciate the contribution of our disabled veterans who have given their full commitment to protecting the American way of life,” said HAVA Chairman, Tom Taylor. “We had a great start to the promotion at SHOT Show and anticipate a strong finish at NRA. We hope everyone at the NRA Show will consider buying a ticket to support this worthy cause.”
The HAVA raffle prizes include the following:
• Yamaha Grizzly 550 FI ATV EPS with an assortment of SureFire products ($12,000 approx. value).
• Smith & Wesson M&P-15T Tactical Rifle with Leupold Mark 4 Riflescope and Crimson Trace MVF-515 fore-grip ($3,532 approx. value)
• Smith & Wesson Elite Silver Shotgun ($2,380 approx. value)
• Leupold Gold Ring 10×42 Binocular ($899 approx. value)
• Four (4) Crimson Trace Laser Grips ($299-$479/each approx. value)
• One (1) Hornady Ammo Assortment ($300 approx. value)
• Twenty (20) SureFire G2L Flashlights ($69/each approx. value)
Tickets are priced at $20.00 each, three for $50.00, five for $80.00 or seven for $100.00. Proceeds of the raffle will go toward HAVA sponsored activities including hunts and shooting events, highlighted by HAVA’s annual National Family Day. The winners will be drawn on the final day of the NRA Annual Meeting and need not be present to accept their prize.
Through support from industry leaders, HAVA continues to grow, and in turn supports more disabled veterans. The ultimate goal is to increase their confidence and hope for the future by reconnecting with their love of the outdoors and the American traditions of hunting and firearms. Sustaining companies include: Crimson Trace, FMG Publications Hornady, Leupold & Stevens, Mossberg, NRA, Smith & Wesson, SureFire, and Yamaha. HAVA events are run by a committee of volunteer executives from these companies, and others who donate their time to the support of these American heroes.
HAVA aims to help the healing and re-integration of disabled American veterans back into their lives as civilians through participation in outdoor recreational events and activities-offering veterans a sense of joy and accomplishment and a permanent awareness that these activities are still possible despite disabling injuries. HAVA assists in the healing process through guided hunts, shooting competitions, and other outdoor activities. Those who would like to contribute to HAVA’s mission can learn more at www.honoredveterans.org.