The following is a release from C.O.P.S. (Concerns Of Police Survivors):
On Jan. 9, 2016, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.). In light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement nationally, there is a need to show law enforcement officers that our citizens recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career they have chosen, in public service to us all.
On Jan. 9 of each year we will call our nation’s citizens to action in support of law enforcement. Those citizens who appreciate law enforcement and are discouraged about the negative attention being given to law enforcement are encouraged to take time on Jan. 9, to show their support. Our citizens can show their support in a number of ways:
- Change your profile picture on social media to the .jpg image provided at www.facebook.com/nationalcops.
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Participate in Project Blue Light – Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
- Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
- Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.
- Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.
For more on National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, please visit Nationalcops.org.
Electronic hearing protection that blocks gunfire without shutting out everything else!
by Robert A. Sadowski / Jan 8, 2016