A $10 prepaid phone card can go a long way for deployed Marines and sailors during the holiday season, and the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) realized that before it shipped out those cards to more than 70 units.
According to Navy Times:
[NEXCOM] mailed 36,250 free phone cards the week of Nov. 10 to the command master chiefs of the units for distribution, according to NEXCOM spokeswoman Kristine Sturkie.
The $10 AT&T prepaid phone cards can be used on the Afloat Personal Telecommunications Service system, the ship’s Plain Old Telephone Service system, or ashore in the U.S. or in any foreign port where AT&T has service.
Navy Times reported that the following units will receive the phone cards:
- Amphibious assault ships Iwo Jima, Makin Island and Bonhomme Richard.
- Detroyers Cole, Mitscher, Mahan, Oscar Austin, James E. Williams, Donald Cook, Milius, O’Kane, Halsey, Gridley, Sampson, Sterett, Dewey, Michael P. Murphy, Curtis Wilbur, Fitzgerald, John S. McCain, Lassen, McCampbell, Mustin, Stethem and Ross.
- Amphibious transport docks New York and San Diego.
- Dock landing ships Fort McHenry, Comstock, Ashland and Germantown.
- Cruisers Leyte Gulf, Vicksburg, Bunker Hill, Shiloh, Antietam and Cape St. George.
- Aircraft carriers Carl Vinson and George Washington.
- Amphibious command ship Mount Whitney.
- Guide missile submarines Michigan, Ohio and Florida.
- Attack submarines San Francisco, Olympia, Chicago, Key West, Oklahoma City, Louisville, Pasadena, Hawaii, Pittsburgh, Helena, Boise and California.
- Frigates Simpson, Samuel B. Roberts, Gary and Rodney M. Davis,
This mission gear keeps its users safe in the field while always getting the wanted...
by Tactical-Life / Nov 19, 2014