The Marine Corps has salvaged its annual Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl after announcing the program had been canceled.
Budget cuts were the initial reason why the $2.6 million game, which features the top 90 high school football players from around the country in an East vs. West format, had been nixed.
According to Marine Corps Times:
Marine Corps Recruiting Command received additional mid-year funding from higher headquarters, said Jim Edwards, a Recruiting Command spokesman. That will allow the command to execute the next bowl game in January 2015, he said.
The annual game, nationally televised from California, has been in place since 2011.
The players participate in a week-long event that has them interacting with Marine Corps leaders, drill instructors and recruiters. The players are given jerseys, gear and equipment, and their meals and travel are paid for.
Any players interested in participating or coaches interested in nominating players to participate should send inquiries to PlayerPersonnel@semperfidelisfootball.com.
Airbus is hoping to expand their overseas business by replacing Bell's UH-1 Huey helicopters with...
by Andrew Berry / May 19, 2014