SIG Sauer announced a unique firearm recently, one that honors the very best the U.S. Army has to offer. The Best Ranger Competition M17 Trophy Pistol commemorates the 2021 Best Ranger Competition at Fort Benning, Ga., April 16-18.
SIG Custom Works Best Ranger Competition M17 Trophy Pistols
SIG Custom Works designed and built the new custom M17 pistols. They will be presented as trophies to the winning two-man team that earns the title of Best Ranger.
The U.S. Army Best Ranger Competition identifies the best two-man Army Ranger team. They battle on a course designed to place extreme demands on each team’s physical, mental, technical and tactical skills. Open to all Ranger-coded positions within the U.S. Army, competitors come from posts around the globe to compete for the honor of Best Ranger.
“The Best Ranger Competition is the ultimate physical challenge that puts any operational and traditional skills to test, under extreme circumstances, for sixty straight hours of punishing, non-stop, endurance competition,” said Jason St. John, Director, Government Products, SIG SAUER, Inc. and Sergeant First Class (Retired), U.S. Army Ranger. “It’s an incredible honor for SIG SAUER to be afforded this opportunity to present this custom M17 pistol as the official trophy pistol of this prestigious competition to recognize the elite Ranger competitors and their sacrifice.”
The Army will present the Best Ranger M17 Trophy pistols for the first time Monday, April 19, 2021. For even more info, please visit sigsauer.com.
SIG Custom Works Best Ranger M17 Trophy Features
- M17 Pistol: The official sidearm of the U.S. Army with a custom black nitron engraved slide and black AXG metal grip and a gold trigger.
- Right Slide Engraving: Best Ranger Competition (to include competition year)
- Left Side Engraving: Rangers Lead The Way
- Sight Plate: Engraved with Best Ranger competition logo (to include the name of competition winner)
- Pistol Grips: Black G10 Grips with a Ranger Tab Medallion inset