Taser International, the global leader in cloud-based digital evidence management and body-worn video, this week announced the second annual RISE Award winners in partnership with PoliceOne.com.
The RISE Awards seek to honor those in law enforcement and in communities who save lives, lead by example, and find innovative solutions to pressing problems. The winners are as follows:
- Agency of the Year: Redlands Police Department in Redlands, Calif.
- Protect Life: Corporal Les Munn – Texarkana Police Department in Texarkana, Ariz.
- Law Enforcement Leadership: Sergeant Felicia Pecora – Tampa Police Department in Tampa, Fla.
- Community Leadership:
- Ada T Payne Friends of the Urban Libraries: Tampa, Fla.
- Blue Line K9 Foundation: Glendale, Ariz.
- Prescott Valley Police Foundation for the Yavapai County Coordinated Community Response Team: Prescott Valley, Ariz.
Winners were chosen from more than 200 nominees and represent an ideal of policing to which officers and agencies across the country can aspire.
Law enforcement winners will each receive a $5,000 Axon technology grant to be put towards Axon body cameras or Evidence.com, a one year subscription to PoliceOnce Academy, and VIP tickets to this year’s IACP conference in Chicago. Community Leadership winners will each receive a $5,000 community-building donation.
“The RISE Awards were created to recognize the everyday heroes who rise to the challenges of serving our communities with courage and strength every day,” said Rick Smith, Founder and CEO of Taser. “This year’s awards yielded stories of unparalleled valor and professionalism and put a spotlight on the way community organizations play an important role in fulfilling the mission of building safer communities.”