1. EAA/USSG to offer Turkish SAR K2 pistol, SAR shotguns in America.
Built by Sarsilmaz for the Turkish Military, the K2 is truly an amazing gun to shoot. The grip is comfortable, it points well and felt recoil is amazing low for the caliber being used.
2. USMC exercises Infantry Automatic Rifle full-rate production delivery order to HK (video).
Heckler & Koch was awarded a competitive contract to produce the U.S. Marine Corps’ new Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR). The formal “Full Rate Production” announcement by the Marines caps a competition that began more than three years ago.
3. M855A1 “green” ammo shipped to Afghanistan.
A new round replaces the current M855 5.56mm cartridge that has been used by U.S. troops since the early 1980s. The M855A1 offers a number of significant enhancements: improved hard target capability, increased dependability, consistent performance at all distances, improved accuracy, reduced muzzle flash and a higher velocity.
4. Samurai sword-wielding bin Laden hunter demands share of $27m U.S. reward.
A samurai sword-wielding American who waged his own personal quest to capture Usama bin Laden demanded Tuesday a share of the official $27 million reward following the terror chief’s death.
5. Upgrade kits for Remington M4 XM2010 come in 2011.
The Army expects to field the new sniper rifle, the XM2010, by January. And conversion kits for the M4 rifle will come next year.
6. This is what it’s like to be shot at with an AK-47 (video).
Texas Armoring Corporation (TAC), was tired of customers asking if his company’s bullet-resistant glass in its armored cars actually resisted bullets. So the CEO asked his employee to shoot at him with an AK-47. It’s loud, scary, dangerous, and completely awesome.
7. USMC awards contract to Leupold Tactical for Mark 8 CQBSS riflescopes.
Leupold’s® Tactical Optics Division has won a contract with the United States Marine Corps (USMC) to supply 728 Mark 8™ 1.1-8×24mm CQBSS™ riflescopes for use with M2 heavy machine guns and MK19 grenade machine guns. The sight will carry the M521 designation.
8. 75th Ranger Regiment wins MCoE Pistol title.
Soldiers from the 75th Ranger Regiment and Cadets from North Georgia College dominated the field at the Maneuver Center of Excellence Combat Pistol Championships Feb. 9-10 at Parks Range.
9. Marine Corps considers two pistols for new MARSOC .45.
The competition to provide Marine special operators with new .45-caliber semiautomatic pistols is beginning to take shape, with at least three companies submitting samples to the Marine Corps and others bowing out.
10. National concealed-carry bill passes House committee.
In the latest skirmish over guns, House Republicans on Tuesday advanced a bill that would expand the rights of concealed firearms permit-holders, allowing them to carry hidden weapons in any state that issues permits.
1. EAA/USSG to offer Turkish SAR K2 pistol, SAR shotguns in America. Built by Sarsilmaz…
by Tactical-Life.com / Dec 15, 2011