Enter the sweepstakes at the bottom of this article.
The Gun: SIG Sauer M400 TREAD Rifle
The M400 TREAD is an optics ready, aluminum frame rifle. TREAD features a 16” stainless steel barrel with a free-floating M-LOK handguard, a single-stage polished/hard-coat trigger, ambidextrous controls, a Magpul™ SL-K 6 position telescoping stock, a mid-length gas system, and is available in 5.56 NATO.
- M-LOK handguard with lightening cuts to reduce weight, available in 13” and 15” lengths;
- 3 chamber compensator;
- Ambidextrous charging handle made of aircraft grade aluminum and a dual roll pin design;
- ROMEO5 optic featuring a 2MOA dot with ten illumination settings, MOTAC, and 50k battery life;
- Flip-up front and rear iron sights that are easy to install, adjustable, and deploy quickly;
- M-LOK front sight adapter with co-witness height made of lightweight aluminum;
- Multiple configurations of M-LOK grip kits made of high strength polymer;
- Factory upgraded flat blade, single stage trigger.
- Operating System: Direct Impingement
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Overal Length: 30.8 in (782 mm)
- Overall Width: 2.5 in (64 mm)
- Height: 7.5 in (191 mm)
- Barrel Length: 16 in (406 mm)
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Mag Type: AR-15
The Optic: SIG Sauer ROMEO5 1X20 MM TREAD
ROMEO5 compact red dot sights provide civilians and armed professionals a robust 1x aiming solution for any situation. Ultra-low parallax so point-of-aim is point-of-impact and the red dot remains parallel to the bore of your firearm, no matter what your viewing angle is relative to the optical axis of the sight. Unlimited eye-relief allows you to acquire the aiming point and the target regardless of the position of your eye behind the sight. The readily available CR2032 battery is side-loading, allowing for quick battery replacement (featuring 40,000+ hours or more of life). Dependable waterproof (IPX-7 rated for complete water immersion up to 1 atmosphere) and fog-proof performance.
- 2 MOA Red-Dot provides 10 illumination settings (8 daylight plus 2 NV) for visibility in all light conditions
- MOTAC™ (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not. Provides for optimum operational safety and enhanced 40,000+ hour battery life
- Integrated M1913 Picatinny interface provides industry-standard mounting options for a wide range of application
- Dependable waterproof (IPX-7 rated for complete water immersion up to 1 meter) and fog-proof performance
- Includes a M1913 Picatinny low mount riser and a co-witness 1.41” riser mount
The Ammo: Black Hills 5.56x45mm NATO 77 Grain Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point
Black Hills produces factory new ammunition equal to some of the best handloads and is quickly becoming one of most popular manufacturers of ammunition. Used primarily by all branches of the United State military, this ammunition is also used by competitive shooters and hunters. This 5.56 load was developed for AR-15 platform firearms.
MatchKing rifle bullets are super-accurate bullets with very thin jackets and are held to exacting tolerances in diameter and weight. Their accuracy has been acclaimed worldwide and they have been used to win more target competitions than all target bullets from other manufacturers combined. Each bullet is designed with a very small meplat in order to achieve the highest ballistic coefficient possible. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
The Armor: AR Invictus Plate Carrier and AR500 Armor Level III+ Lightweight
The Invictus carrier is designed to be the lowest profile and lightest carrier possible. The ultralight construction results in a jumpable plate carrier that weighs in at 1.2lbs and provides extreme mobility without sacrificing comfort or the ability to be fully loaded out. Materials such as the laser-cut laminate and thin yet durable Hypalon combine to give the user all of the benefits of an extremely rugged plate carrier, but without any of the weight or inconvenience of traditional carrier construction.
While the carrier maintains an extremely low profile, it doesn’t skimp on any of the features one might want such as full 10x12 armor coverage, a reinforced drag handle, side plate and pontoon capability, and full MOLLE coverage.
While in development this carrier went by many names. It's been referred to as the "Mako," as well as the "Godspeed," but ultimately we settled on "Invictus". The name means "undefeated" or "unconquerable", and is also the name of Plane #42-97525 of the 452nd Bomb Group; a B-17 Flying Fortress that flew missions in World War II over Germany. Whether you are jumping out of planes or just looking for a lightweight carrier, the Invictus is a great choice.
Jump tested by US Special Operations, this carrier is mission ready for any op.
The level III+ Lightweight armor ballistic core performance and balance of achieving multi-hit performance within its designated threat level; rounds exceeding the armors limitations and threat level or extreme multi-hit scenarios may cause the armor to crack upon impact. This result is normal and significantly reduces the rounds velocity, if not completely defeating, opposed to through and through penetration.
Enter here if you are having trouble entering the sweepstakes on this page.
How Does “Free Gun Friday” Work?
We’ve partnered with a different manufacturer for every month of 2019.
For the first Friday of every month, we’ll announce the new giveaway gun. On that day, we’ll open up the sweepstakes for readers to enter and win the gun. We’ll also release our first video on the gun, where you can learn about what you’re entering to win.
On the second and third Fridays of each month, we’ll release two more videos showing the gun in action. Our experts have taken it to the range and run it through drills to make sure it’s ready to rock by the time it gets to you.
Which brings us to the last day of the month when the sweepstakes ends. The next week we will select a winner and send out an email notifying the lucky reader.