Enter the sweepstakes at the bottom of this article.
The Gun: FN 509 Compact Tactical FDEFrom the makers of the world’s most battle-proven firearms®, comes the release of the FN 509® Compact Tactical, the smallest and most concealable 9mm tactical pistol available on the market.
Easily deployed as an everyday carry with the standard 12- or 15-round magazines or on the range with the extended 24-round magazine, giving 51 rounds of ammunition at the ready. The 4.3-inch cold hammer-forged threaded barrel makes it compatible with today’s most popular aftermarket accessories like compensators or suppressors and the FN Low-Profile Optics-Mounting System™, capable of accepting more than 10 miniature red dots, rounds out this compact tactical pistol.
- CALIBER: 9mm
- OPERATION: Double-action
- MAG CAPACITY: 10 or 12/15/24 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 26.2 oz.
- BARREL LENGTH: 4.32"
- OVERALL LENGTH: 7.4"
- TWIST RATE: 1:10" RH
- HEIGHT: 5.3"
- WIDTH: 1.35"
- TRIGGER PULL: 5.5 - 7.5 lb.
- SIGHT RADIUS: 5.6"
- Striker-fired autoloader
- 5.5 to 7.5 lbs. Trigger pull
- FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System™
- Threaded Barrel
- Suppressor Height Trijicon 3-Dot Green Tritium Night Sights
The Laser: LaserMax Lightning with GripSense
GripSense represents the newest generation of laser activation technology by simplifying the activation process. The user simply grips the firearm, setting off a motion sensor once in the detection zone, which then activates the laser immediately and does not require the user to change their firing grip.
Additionally, the Lightning with GripSense Activation Technology includes some significant innovations including a fully programmable operating mode, and up to twenty hours of continuous battery life- safeguarded from inadvertent drain by a ten-minute time out feature.
The Lightning will come in Vivid Red or Daytime Green, green being the most visible color to the human eye.
- GripSense Activation senses the users grip within the detection zone and activates the sight
- Dual activation capable with either GripSense or controlled push button
- Does not alter your shooting grip
- Easily programmable for steady or high-vis pulsed beam
- External Battery access hatch with tool-less entry
- Water resistant design
- 5 year warranty
- WAVELENGTH: 520 / 650 NM
- ACCURACY: USER ADJUSTABLE
- POWER OUTPUT: <5MW
- BATTERY LIFE: 5+ HOURS
- WEIGHT (OZ): 0.9 oz
The Ammo: Black Hills 9mm Luger +P 100gr HoneyBadger
The HoneyBadger is Black Hills new line of ammunition that does not have hollow point. 9mm Luger +P 100gr HoneyBadger doesn't need hollow points and does not depend on them for performance. The copper projectile is near barrier blind and its optimized nose flutes; mixed with total weight and velocity, create devastating permanent wound cavities.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Bullet Weight: 100 Gr. HoneyBadger+P
- Velocity: 1250 FPS
- Energy: 347 Ft. Lbs.
The Range Bag: Elite Survival Systems Elite Range Bag
These tactical gun range bags are the toughest on the market... period. High quality materials and unrivaled American craftsmanship ensure that these handgun range bags for sale will endure decades of hard use, delivering the superior performance you’ve come to expect from all Elite Survival Systems® products.
- 1000 denier nylon body with heavy-duty YKK #10 zippers
- Wrap-around carry handles and 2” comfort-padded shoulder strap
- Dual zipper design provides fast access and easy closure
- Fortified inner tote lifts out to allow quick access to your gear
- Twin padded compartments protect firearms from scratches and damage
- Large front pocket with velcro loop lining for attaching additional pouches
- Modular velcro hook magazine pouch holds up to 6 magazines
- Large, flat zippered exterior pocket
- MOLLE webbing on one end for attaching accessories
- Coyote colored interior allows for better visibility of contents
- Available in 2 sizes, see chart below for dimensions
- Range gear bag made in the USA
Enter here if you are having trouble entering the sweepstakes on this page.
How Does “Free Gun Friday” Work?
We’ve partnered with a different manufacturer for every month of 2020.
For the first Friday of every month, we’ll announce the new giveaway gun. On that day, we’ll open up the sweepstakes for readers to enter and win the gun. We’ll also release our first video on the gun, where you can learn about what you’re entering to win.
On the second and third Fridays of each month, we’ll release two more videos showing the gun in action. Our experts have taken it to the range and run it through drills to make sure it’s ready to rock by the time it gets to you.
Which brings us to the last day of the month when the sweepstakes ends. The next week we will select a winner and send out an email notifying the lucky reader. Check here to see the winners!